£42 - £46 per hour + Ltd
23 days ago
Our client is a key UK provider of missile proximity sensors, fuzes and safety & arming units and opto-electronic systems used in a range of military applications. They seek a contract Firmware Engineer to provide the necessary firmware engineering design and analysis and expertise to develop products from specification through qualification and into service.
The Firmware team are a small but experienced group of firmware engineers, working on diverse projects in VHDL covering the full project lifecycle from requirements derivation and architecture development through to verification and validation of the designs.
They seek someone with strong ability in design and/or verification in VHDL. Previous knowledge of military, safety critical or environmentally challenging projects would be beneficial.
- FPGA/ SoC design in VHDL
- FPGA / SoC verification in VHDL
Proven ability / required Skills
- A proven ability in Firmware design or verification including a number of complex projects
- Good understanding of the Mentor Graphics Modelsim and/or Questa Sim.
Desirable skills / knowledge
- Knowledge of Altera , Xilinx or Microsemi products including their associated toolsets
- Leading small teams
- SoC designs
- Working in a systems engineering based project flow
- Understanding of software with SoC design
Due to the nature of the products applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).