Our client design complex digital FPGA based systems that form part of self-protection systems for Fast Jets, Helicopters & Drones, in the Defence and Aerospace Industry.
They seek a Firmware Engineer for a 6 month contract in Luton, Bedfordshire.
Skills & knowledge
- Proven ability in designing Firmware architecture using FPGA technologies and tools from either Xilinx, Intel (Altera) or Microsemi (Actel).
- Knowledge of fast interfaces such as PCIe, Ethernet, JESDC is also required.
- Ability to use advanced verification techniques such as VHDL or System Verilog / UVM;
- Familiarity with Model Based Engineering using Matlab and Simulink tools is also an advantage
- Analysis of system level requirements to derive detailed Firmware requirements.
- Follow a methodical approach to the full firmware design lifecycle, working to a structured firmware process such as RTCA DO-254 or similar.
- Steer the Firmware aspects of any design and to provide technical knowledge, mentoring and assistance to other engineers as required.
- Providing budget, cost and schedule input to proposals are also part of this role.
Due to the nature of the work, candidates must be capable of achieving full SC security clearance with access to UK Eyes Only and ITAR export control information.