£55.00 - £60.00 per hour
16 days ago
Our client is looking for a Firmware Engineer to join their Waveform team in Portsmouth supporting a Satellite programme. Working within the Modem Product Group and will report to the Head of Modems.
The Modem Product Group is undertaking the design and implementation of a series of satellite communications Software Defined Radio (SDR) modem systems for Government and Military use. You will be part of a small multi-disciplinary team containing system, software, firmware and infrastructure engineers.
You will be responsible for developing firmware and field programmable gate array (FPGA) aspects of Satellite Communications (SATCOM) modem products based on Software Defined Radio (SDR) technologies.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Research and development of modem products and associated communications systems, using your experience of embedded/real-time firmware on complex defence systems.
- Definition, implementation, verification and validation activities;
- Develop and maintain modem skills to support on-going and future modem developments.
Required Skills / Proven Ability
- Proven ability in VHDL and/or Verilog field programmable gate array (FPGA) firmware development
- Proficient with embedded system firmware modelling, simulation and debugging
- Ability with one or more of the following development tools: MATLAB/Simulink, Xilinx Vivado, Vivado HLS, HDL Coder, SysML, GNU/Linux and Agile (JIRA/Confluence Wiki/Bitbucket)
Candidates will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.