Up to £40.00 per hour
4 months ago
A versatile experienced Firmware Engineer is required to join a studies group working on advanced programmes for satellites navigation systems.
The candidate must have customer facing abilities, as the position entails technical exchanges and meetings with the UK Space Agency, ESA, System Prime and Subcontractors.
The candidate must have experience of firmware development over the complete lifecycle from requirements capture, development, integration, testing and support. This job will include the definition, prototyping and evaluation of new applications within the GNSS domain.
Responsible for project deliveries as required and coordinated by the Project Manager.
- Firmware Development
- Requirements analysis and functional decomposition.
- Technical analysis of system design
- Signal Processing
- Platform definition and evaluation
- Delivery of incremental systems design
- Performance budgeting
Required Qualification level: Degree level
Ideal working environment/industry: Large scale complex Satellite Ground Systems for navigation and Satellite Navigation Reference Receivers
- Firmware Development including Vivado
- Firmware Architecture (significant previous experience as a lead designer on a SDR development)
- Experience of the following: C, Matlab, Python, Linux
- Hardware platform specification including interfaces
- Requirements engineering
- Systems engineering
- Ability to be SC cleared and UK national
- Formal approach to documentation
- Experience of satellite systems and ground infrastructure including GPS
- Knowledge of Networking including Ethernet, USB
- Knowledge of test environments including RF test equipment