South East England, England
£450 - £500 per day
2 months ago
ACTIVE SC CLEARED FIREWALL DESIGNER
-To lead design, develop and support at a technical level on a range of platform and secure communications solutions.
-A detailed understanding of Cisco and Palo Alto firewalls is a minimum,
-Ideally have had exposure to other data centre disciplines such as Cisco routing and switching and VMware ESX networking and design.
-Cisco CCNP Security and Palo Alto certification is desirable.
-Server experience, Microsoft and Linux, is also desirable.
-This is principally a paper based design role and although it includes access to devices, it is not predominantly hands-on
The role will involve:
- Requirements capturing and production of the resulting detailed design of Firewalls and security Enforcing solutions
- Network security platform experience across a wide range of manufacturers - Design and Implementation of Cisco ASA and Palo Alto Policies, but also include other network technologies related to secure remote access, encryption and load-balancing
- A background in Government and Official Sensitive Networks and security is desirable but not essential
- Being focused on delivering tangible design outcomes within agreed timescales
- Having a proactive behaviour and being capable of shouldering a technical responsibility
The role holder must be SC-Cleared
(or have the necessary personal profile to successfully achieve SC-clearance)