Vital Bristol Technology
23 days ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services and they are currently looking for a Fire Systems Design Engineer to be based at their site in Aldermaston.
Hours: 07.45 - 16.30 (16.15 on Fridays),30 minute lunch, 9 day fortnight ( Week 1 Monday - Friday Week 2 Monday - Thursday)
To design, draw and estimate proposals for the Fire Detection and Alarm systems projects and small works at AWE.
Accountable for the design, estimating and production of all Fire system related drawings and compliance document.
Design of Fire Detection and Alarm system
Estimating and providing proposals for client consideration
Drawing of Fire Detection and Alarm systems both extensions and new systems
Liaise with on site commercial/technical/operational management in order to comply with company and AWE procedures
Attendance at client contract meetings as and when required
Preparation and presentation of Client Contract Reports
Prepare project files to include all LPCB/BRE LPS1014 documentation from design certification through to verification
Maintain Technical Library, including both product and legislative requirement
Preparation of a monthly report for the General Manager detailing project activities
Attendance at and participation in the Monthly Contract Meeting
To carry out any other reasonable requests of senior management
Qualifications and Experience:
- Extensive experience in designing and modification of Fire Detection and Alarm system
- City & Guilds in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Estimation and Design of Fire Detection and Alarm systems, conventional and Analogue Addressable.
- Knowledgeable and control in matters relating to Health & Safety, Environment, Technical and Statutory requirements including CDM regulations and ensure compliance at all times
- Trained and experienced in the use of Auto Cad
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- FIA Units1,2,3 in Design
- Knowledge of key operational management disciplines, e.g. quality control, work planning methods
- Able to design Fire systems in line with BS5839 Pt1 and LPCB/BRE LPS1014 standards
- Good sound knowledge and understanding with commercial and contractual issues
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.