£28000 - £30000 per annum
Vital Bristol Technology
about 1 year ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services and they are currently looking for a Fire System Technician based at Samlesbury & Warton.
To provide first line System Maintenance, Reactive & Small or Extra Works to, Automatic Fire, Fire Extinguishing, and Fire Aspiration Alarm Systems, with response to CCTV, Access Control and Security Systems.
Working hours: 8:00am - 17:00pm
- Provide commissioning, installation and reactive attendance for, Automatic Fire Alarm Systems and CCTV, Access Control and Security Systems to other Specialist Services contract sites when called upon.
- Advise or recommend improvement for additions or reductions in the scope of works.
- Produce comprehensive day work / extra works quotations in a competitive and realistic manner, ensuring that the quotation is accurate, achievable and commercially viable.
- Co-ordinate and professionally carry out Planned Preventive Maintenance and Reactive Activities in conjunction with Specialist Services Service Centre requests and/or site/clients database requirements.
- To be responsible and monitor all contracted, Automatic Fire Alarm Systems with expected 1st response to CCTV, Access Control and Security Systems equipment, safely within assigned area or any given contract.
- To be responsible and monitor all contracted, CCTV, Access Control and Security Systems with expected 1st response to Automatic Fire Alarm Systems equipment, safely within assigned area or any given contract.
- To carry out any reasonable request for reactive calls or site system moves and changes both by way of small works installation and commissioning.
- Take responsibility for notifying the Service Centre of all activity, the maintaining of up to date records of work carried out and the updating of PPM scope of works database and site log books.
- All standards of work in compliance with All Security & Fire Standards and good working practices.
- To ensure all reactive works are carried out in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure all relevant engineering practices are adhered to.
- To comply with the client safety rules and to maintain a high standard of discipline.
- Ensure your assistance in Competent Delivery of service and reactive response to the clients contracted Fire & Security Systems.
- To manage effectively weekly timesheets, mileage sheets and necessary administration paperwork on weekly and monthly basis, as detailed in the Engineers policies or requested by Supervisor, manager or Office Staff.
- Adhere to ISO 9001,ISO 9002 Quality Procedures in accordance with the company quality manual
- Control and Manage tools and plant on site, and ensure that equipment resources are fit for purpose and adequate for the assigned works.
- Educated to GCSE level with City & Guilds or equivalent in installation of electronic equipment
- Understanding of Asset collation and controlled program of Just In Time replacement to ensure all reactive works are carried out within Service Level Agreements
- Proven experience on the service and maintenance of CCTV, Access Control, Intruder Alarm Systems and Automatic Fire Alarm Systems
- Proven experience within a similar role or environment High Level of knowledge of relevant Fire standards BS 5839 Pt 1 - 2002, BS 6266 Pt 1 - 2002 BS 7273 Standards High Level of knowledge of relevant Security standards (BS4737,PD6662, DD243, BS5839) with working knowledge of NACP and be experienced in System Performance Executive as outlined in N.S.I.
- Excellent diagnostic and fault finding skills, with the ability to resolve by elimination or technical recommendations.
- Estimating and Quotation experience, with Project Management Skills.
- Ability to implement a program of works, and team / self / sub-contractor controlled delivery to deadline timescales Understanding of Asset collation and controlled program of Just In Time replacement to ensure all reactive works are carried out within Service Level Agreements
- Knowledge and experience of permits to work, method statements and risk assessments
- FSI (BFPSA) Training and Certification (Design, Maintenance & Installation)
- 25 days annual leave
- Company car
- Auto enrol pension
- Family friendly benefits
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.