4 months ago
Morson International are currently seeking a Fire Safety Office for one of our Military & Defence Client based in Winfrith, Dorset. This is a contract position for initially 6 months with the possibility of extension.
This role is required to work closely with the head of Infrastructure, EHD Manager and Facilities Manager. To implement a process of fire safety continual improvement and act as a fire safety Appointed Competent. This will be on site 2-3 days per week and the rest will be remote working from home.
- Acting as the appointed competent person for the fire safety
- Reviewing and developing fire safety policies and procedures
- Ensuring best practice and legal compliance
- Implementing actions from external fire risk assessments
- Point of contact for external fire risk assessors, fire alarm and extinguisher contractors and fire and Rescue Service
- Reporting updates and progress
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good knowledge and understanding of application of Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and DCLG guidance
- Knowledge and understanding of application of Approved Document B and relevant British Standards
- Knowledge and experience of fire safety practice and principles
- Recognized fire risk assessment qualification (NEBOSH, Institute of Fire Engineers, CS Todd or equivalent)
- Managing Fire Safety (Responsible Person) training (this can be combined in the above on 4.5 day and upward courses)
If this is a position that you would like to be considered for, please apply now or contact Courtney for more information.