Up to £52.17 per hour
about 1 month ago
As Principal Engineer - Fire Safety, you will be providing support to the Engineering Manager during the development of strategies and risk assessments for submarine facilities and vessels. You will be working within our Control Damage Hazards (CDH) team who work with the site SHE and fire safety management teams and you will be primarily focused on Fire Safety compliance activities in construction environments. You will also have the opportunity to work with a wide range of stakeholders across the submarine projects as well as site redevelopment projects focusing on the specification, design review, installation and commissioning standards of fire protection systems.
- Taking a lead role across all fire safety compliance activities on construction projects to meet strategic fire safety objectives
- Monitoring, recording and reporting against key performance indicators for fire safety through a variety of key stakeholder groups
- Developing, producing and maintaining fire safety process documentation and management strategies for site
- Evaluating the fire performance of materials against various fire test standards
- Producing and reviewing fire strategies and risk assessments
- Reviewing and supporting Commissioning Strategies for fire safety systems
- Producing SOW/proposals for external packages of work
- Reviewing of engineering documentation (relevant to fire safety)
- Providing support to regulatory body site inspections
- Chairing fire safety workshops and working groups
- Experience of working in a fire safety engineering environment and applying various fire safety guidance including ADB, BS 9999 and relevant NFPA standards.
- Fire risk assessment experience gained from a high hazard industry or construction environment
- Proven track record in implementing business processes to achieve strategic objectives
- Degree qualified in Fire discipline
- Membership of a relevant professional organisation (IFE or IFSM)
- Knowledge and experience of explosion safety (DSEAR) assessments
- You must be energetic and bring enthusiasm to the evaluation and control of fire and explosion hazards and use initiative and bring new ideas.