Manchester, Greater Manchester
11 days ago
Job Title: Fire Safety Interim
Scope: 6 Month Contract
Reports to: Group Level
Salary: Competitive Daily Rate
This exciting opportunity sits within one of Manchester's most iconic employer; promoting best practice, a safe working environment and the development of a positive culture to the management of fire safety issues in the site premises, environment and undertakings/activities. Ensuring consistency of implementation of the Fire Safety Protocol and Standards across the site, working with senior members of the team and stakeholders to ensure local policies and procedures are in place.
- To identify, support and where required carry out Fire Risk Assessments, surveys and inspections of all premises and determine appropriate action and any remedial work requiring rectification.
- Taking a leading role on ensuring that facilities for fire safety are provided for disabled staff and other users of the buildings and the production of Personal and Generic Emergency Evacuation Plans.
- Assist Learning & development in the production and delivery of Fire Safety related training to staff and third-party operators, along with the oversight of maintenance of competence for fire safety related performance
- Providing professional/expert advice in planning, consultation and the formal approval of plans where alterations and/or refurbishments take place within existing airport buildings and also act as local subject matter expert for liaison over new developments/buildings.
- Supporting the debriefing and Investigation of all fire incidents involving buildings and supporting the multi-agency investigations where required.
- Preparing timely reports on building fire safety related issues and communicating learning outcomes to relevant stakeholders.
- Providing regular reports on progress to line managers and senior stakeholders.
- Chairing any Fire Safety Committees and attending other meetings as required.
- Develop Fire Safety Improvement Plans and implement a fire safety governance structure that fits in with the company business model.
- Fire Safety Engineering course modules at the Fire Service College or equivalent course or qualifications.
- Practical experience of carrying out Fire Risk Assessments in complex commercial buildings.
- Experience of scrutinising complex building plans and identifying fire and life safety systems and how they interact in different environments.
- Experience of implementing and overseeing British standards with regard to means of escape, fire alarms, firefighting equipment and emergency lighting systems, and other active and passive fire detection and activation systems.
- Experience with regard to handling and storage of hazardous substances i.e flammable liquids and gasses.
- Excellent understanding with the regulatory Reform (Fire safety Order) and relevant codes of practice and guidance.
- Experience of providing advice and support to a large complex commercial organisation.
- Experience in fire safety training requirements.
- Strong communications skills, able to influence and build effective working relationships with a wide range of people and stakeholder, both internal and external.
- The ability to work in a self-reliant, logical problem-solving way, able to work under pressure, identifying needs and priorities, set achievable targets and evaluate and report on progress.
- Experience in IT skills and the Microsoft Office Suite of software.
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. To apply, please call 0161 707 1516 or send your CV to Alex Tyrrell for more details.