5 months ago
To maintain and evolve the Integrated Management System for Fire Safety Management framework for UUK and to facilitate Fire Safety Management arrangements to provide compliance with relevant legislation and regulatory commitments.
Organisational & Job Context
Subject Matter Expert for Fire Safety Management (nuclear and non-nuclear), responsible for leading the provision of advice in this area.
Specific Elements Include
- To establish the fire safety administrative framework for UUK and to manage the fire safety arrangements to provide compliance with relevant legislation and regulatory commitments.
- To promote values and behaviours that give fire safety due priority, provide reassurance to stakeholders that the arrangements in place to control UUK's fire safety risks are fit-for-purpose, proportionate and reflect all relevant regulatory requirements and industry good practice.
- To advise the Group/UUK HSE Manager and the wider UUK business: -
- the plan and work programmes for fire safety.
- on priority fire safety risk areas and how they might be addressed;
- on the adequacy of UUK's fire safety arrangements and response to safety related incidents by the on-site Incident Response Team;
- how the arrangements and means of implementation might be improved to better reflect emerging requirements, regulatory expectations and industry good practice;
- To act as an interface with ONR Fire Safety Inspectors for all planned and reactive external regulatory interventions relating to the Site's fire safety function.Supports the Cost Center Managers in budget preparation in relation to fire safety and Incident Response Team delivery (c £1.5m).Provide Intelligent Customer leadership for the on-site Incident Response Team in relation to their response to safety related incidents and advice and oversight of conventional and nuclear Fire Safety.
- Thorough knowledge of Fire & Rescue response matters (Desirable)
- Thorough knowledge of fire safety legislation, British Standards and other design codes relevant to fire safety (Essential)
- Thorough knowledge of fire safety management including an appreciation of fire engineering and nuclear fire safety principles (Essential)
- Experience of influencing change to drive performance improvements (Desirable)
- Experience of interacting at all levels within the business (from the Lead Team to the 'shop floor') (Desirable)
- Experience of interacting with Regulatory bodies and other external stakeholder (Desirable)
Education & Qualifications Required
- Graduate in science or engineering, or equivalent relevant experience (Essential)
- Lead Assessor Qualification (Desirable)
- Member of the Institution of Fire Engineers or equivalent (Essential)