Up to £0.00 per annum
10 days ago
Provide professional engineering services and/or leadership for all Fire Engineering Services throughout the TfL Estate, controlling the business risk and owning the associated standards.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulations for Fire safety within a rail or road environment.
- Expert knowledge of relevant TfL, National and International standards for Fire Engineering (e.g. Building Regs Part B, BS9999, BS7974 )
- Expert knowledge of one or more fire engineering disciplines with a extensive knowledge of all other Fire disciplines.
- A detailed understanding of how Fire interfaces with other building systems
- A Member and ideally working towards Fellowship of the Institution of Fire Engineers or other relevant internationally recognised institution.
- Competent authority on Fire and Fire safety within the transport industry
* Capability in the drafting of Fire Strategies and Fire Risk Impact Assessments .
* Capability in fire engineering design, and the checking of designs produced in house or by others, to comply with current standards and legislation
* Capability in managing operating and maintenance processes for premises in relation to means of escape and Fire precautions and evacuation provisions.
* Capability in performing Fire Risk Assessment of the adequacy of fire precautions for the use of premises.
* Experience of making Fire Engineering decisions,
* Experience of drafting, reviewing, and making recommendations for Fire Protection and Evacuation Strategies and Fire Risk Impact Assessments.
* Experience in providing Fire Safety and Engineering advice to project teams and stakeholders.