Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
8 months ago
Morson International is recruiting for a Fire Engineer on behalf of a large Rail client you will Provide on-site support to the Principal Delivery Engineer (PDE) and the Lead Fire Engineer (off site) in undertaking the necessary assurance activities to ensure compliance with Sponsor Requirements and the Assurance Processes as appointed for the specific discipline. Also, to support the Employer in ensuring Tier 1 Contractor/s is/are cognisant of the Testing and Commissioning requirements of the works information and fulfil them in a manner that ensures full integration between contracts across the Central Operating Section
Provide support to the PDE and the Lead Fire Engineer/Chief Engineer in relation to the following:
- Provide in-depth technical support to each individual project team in their preparations and during the Tier 1 contractors' testing & commissioning of MEP and systemwide equipment as well as support to their management of systemwide interfaces on the project with focus on fire engineering.
- To support the close out of ongoing verification and assurance findings carried out by the Infrastructure Managers (IM) and ensure robust audit trail and transparency of decision making is documented.
- Support the PDE - undertaking technical reviews of contractor assurance records (including Operation & Maintenance manuals, certification documents, As-Built documents) against the requirements and to also satisfy Infrastructure Managers when required.
- Providing input into engineering solutions / field sketches / specifications to resolve site-based queries and coordinating resolution of issues with the PDE where required (and where it is not the responsibility of the contractor); including keeping the Supervisor Representative and PDE informed of technical issues on site.Support the PDE to close out "Elemental Outstanding Works List" (EOWL) items where required with evidence-based closure that satisfies the assurance processes of the Programme and Infrastructure Managers. This includes tracking and monitoring assigned EOWL items until resolution.
- Manage the Delivery Team requirements for their completion of their T&C progress reporting, via the periodically reported T&C Dashboard
- Support the Lead Fire Engineer to ensure a consistent approach is applied to technical reviews and assurance acceptance, issue resolution, and EOWL close across the Programme.
- Work with the PDE to ensure that suitable and sufficient evidence of Testing and Commissioning results are compiled and processed in support of the Authority to Use and Handover strategy.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk.