Up to £0.00 per day
Rail Technical Team
2 months ago
Morson International is recruiting for a Fire Engineer on behalf of a Rail client based in London the role is to support the Employer in overseeing the technical and quality aspects of construction activities within an area of responsibility as appointed for a geographic location, contract or for a system.
- Assisting the Project Field Engineer in discharging delegated duties and responsibilities of the Supervisor under NEC3 ECC where agreed with the Employer.
- Undertaking reviews as required of contractor technical submittals, (including method statements and work package plans where obligated by third party agreements only).
- Providing Field Engineering input to the RFI / NCR / FCD process and where directed seeking input from the Technical Director's discipline specialists.
- Determining need (with the Project Field Engineer) to engage design authority for interpretation or approval of design changes or non-conformances which constitute design changes.
- Providing input into engineering solutions / field sketches / specifications to resolve site-based queries and coordinating resolution of issues with the Engineering Manager where required (and where it is not the responsibility of the contractor).
- Keeping the Project Field Engineer informed of technical issues on site.
- Monitoring the contractor's compliance with Environmental, Safety & Health requirements, escalating issues and seeking intervention where required.
- Supporting the PFE in the review and acceptance of contractor certification packages.
- Supporting the PFE in the review and acceptance of the Contractor's Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs).
- Assisting the Site Manager and Project Field Engineer with the authorisation of payment certificates. Providing input to the Business Manager on costs to be disallowed related to quality issues and NCRs.
- Receiving and commenting on contractor daily reports.
- Monitoring the contractor's compliance with their ITPs and participating in some witness and review points, seeking support as required from the Technical Director's discipline specialists.
- Providing input to the NCR and Snag List process at contract level seeking support as required from the Technical Director's discipline specialists and other specialist functions in evaluating conformances and assessing contractor recommended dispositions.
- To identify and manage technical risk in Fire engineering across the programme
- Technical review of designs developed by Contractors in respect of safety by design, technical acceptability and compliance with standards
- Review that the designs prepared by the Contractors have been fully co-ordinated and integrated. Provision of support to Contractors, delivered through the Engineering Managers, to resolve MEP interface issues where requested
- Review of Constructability and Maintainability of Contractors' designs developed by the Contractors
- Initiate and support value management/engineering initiatives and to promote and support common design and standardisation where appropriate
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues