Birmingham, West Midlands
£32000 - £35000 per annum
Vital Bristol Technology
5 months ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services and they are currently looking for a Fire Alarm Installation Engineers for 3 different locations:
- M3/M4 Corridor
To provide support to both on-site engineers and clients. You will also be responsible to carry out system maintenance, reactive and small or extra works to, CCTV, access control, security systems, automatic fire, fire extinguishing and fire aspiration alarm systems comprising of both internal and external clients.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Carry-out and supervise planned preventative maintenance activities
- Upgrades and system repairs
- Installation 1st & 2nd fix of both fire and security equipment
- Modifications in line with contract requirements
- Provide planned preventive maintenance, system repair, small works and system commissioning activity in conjunction with Specialist Services requests and/or site/clients requirements.
- Prepare dilapidation reports on newly acquired contracts and advise or recommend improvement, additions or reductions
- Provide design, support and quotation delivery in accordance with relevant British Standards.
- Maintain a strong working relationship & communication between the client
- Ensure policies, procedures and standards are in place and adhered to in order to maintain the integrity of the Contract portfolio, and that ongoing operational activities are implemented to provide high quality service to customers.
- Maintain the Service Portfolio's to the highest quality standard in all areas of activity in order to satisfy and maintain the requirements of external quality verification.
- Comply with policies relating to health, safety, security, environmental and technical compliance issues that affect customers and employees, ensuring that all rules are adhered to at all times to maintain a high standard of discipline at all times.
- Ensure risk assessments are completed or reviewed for every task being carried out.
- Comply with the mandatory requirement on wearing PPE.
- Ensure all works are completed in accordance with relevant British Standards and good working practices.
- Ensure timely submission of time-sheets, mileage sheets and necessary administration paperwork, as detailed in the engineer's policies or required by the company/client.
- Ensure that close cooperation and coordination
- Ensure that all non-compliance and recommendations are followed up with a quotation or quotation build up sheet.
- Comply with any request for any other duties on a time to time basis.
- At least 5 years previous experience of servicing, maintaining and installation of CCTV, access control, intruder alarm systems, intercom systems and fire systems.
- Ideally the candidate will be a multi-disciplined engineer.
- Adequate knowledge of relevant British Standards with a working knowledge of NSI and LPCB required standards. Advanced diagnostic and fault finding skills, with the ability to resolve by elimination and/or technical recommendations.
Knowledge and experience of permits to work systems, method statements and risk assessments.
- Advanced PC and LAN/WAN Networking skills, including OS level operation.
- Health & Safety trained.
- System design, surveying, estimating and quotation experience.
- Ability to implement a program of works or PPM schedule, and team / self-delivery to deadline time-scales.
- Understanding of asset collation and controlled program of just in time replacement.
- Ensuring that all reactive works are carried out within service level agreements.
- Other factors relevant to the job:
- Appropriate trade qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience of Installation, testing and maintenance of CCTV, Intruder, Intercom, Access Control and Fire Alarm systems
- Experience of fault finding
- Experience of cable containment
- Experience of cable calculations
- Proven communication and numeric skills (verbal and written)
- Hold a valid license
- A reasonable level of computer literacy in the more common applications
- Knowledge of working with large commercial clients and with many different manufacturers will be an advantage.Administration skills
- Call out Rota currently 1 in 4
- Full UK driving licence (Preferably clean)
- Company car or van - Fuel and vehicle maintenance card supplied
- Driver to reimburse the Company for all private mileage (including to and from place of work if the role changes to a site based role)
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.