Up to £52.17 per hour
2 months ago
As a Fire and Explosion Safety Engineer, you will be providing support to the Engineering Manager during the development of fire and explosion strategies and risk assessments for submarine facilities and vessels.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Taking a lead role across all fire and explosion safety risk assessment and compliance activities and co-ordinating the work programs of team members to meet strategic explosion safety objectives.
- Monitoring, recording and reporting against key performance indicators for fire and explosion safety through a variety of key stakeholder groups.
- Developing, producing and maintaining fire and explosion safety process documentation and management strategies
- Producing and reviewing fire and explosion strategies and risk assessments.
- Reviewing and supporting commissioning strategies for explosion safety systems.
- Producing proposals for packages of work.
- Reviewing of engineering documentation (relevant to fire and explosion safety).
- Providing support to regulatory inspection.
- Chairing fire and explosion safety workshops and working groups
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Seasoned in working in a fire and explosion safety engineering environment and applying various methods of hazard analysis.
- Fire risk assessment production including fire hazard identification and analysis (preferably from a high hazard industry).
- DSEAR risk assessment experience gained from a high hazard industry and understanding of hazardous area classification.
- A proven track record in implementing business processes to achieve strategic objectives.
- A passion for safety and open to developing new skills and undertaking further training in explosion risk management.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A FIRE SAFETY ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)