£28000 - £32000 per annum + £4,000 site allowance per annum
Vital Bristol Technology
7 months ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services and they are currently looking for a Fire Alarm Installation Engineer Level 2 to be based in Aldermaston, Reading.
To carry out Installation works on both new and existing fire detection and alarm systems, ensuring that local procedures are adhered to.
- Installation of fire detection and alarm systems in accordance with BS5839pt1 2013 and BRE /LPS1014 installation rules.
- To undertake all duties and responsibilities, including relevant training and medicals, as deemed necessary for working in radiological and explosive controlled areas.
- Complete timesheets weekly.
- Comply with policies relating to Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Technical Compliance issues that effect the customer and employees.
- Ensure all relevant engineering practices are adhered to.
- Maintain company issued equipment in good order.
- Ensure good timekeeping and housekeeping.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with the Company Safety Manual.
- Advise manager on the progress of works as requested
- Develop and maintain effective Client relationship and assist in gaining future work for the Company.
- Control and manage tools and plant on site to ensure that resources are in accordance with the job.
- Provide weekly progress reports to Line Manager, as and when required.
- Attend toolbox talks when required.
- Return necessary paperwork to Administration team or Manager as required.
- Work in a cost effective and efficient manner, ensuring that all systems worked upon are operational.
- Wear company issued clothing at all times.
- Carry out any other reasonable task as requested by Management.
- City and Guilds 236 pts 1&2 electrical installation or equivalent.
- Proven ability to install containment and cabling specifically related to fire detection and alarm systems.
- Proven experience on working in industrial environments.
- 17th Edition Electrical qualification
- Proven knowledge on relevant Fire standards BS 5839 Pt 1 - 2013, BS 6266 Pt 1 - 2013, BS 7273 Standards.
- Trained to FIA standards Units 1 (Fire Detection Design), Unit 4 (Installation and Testing)
- Excellent communications skills.
- Smart, presentable appearance.
- Personable and approachable.
- A team player with the ability to work from their own initiative.
- Prepared to work additional hours if and when reasonably requested.
- Must be willing to undertake further training.
- Full Driving licence necessary (preferably clean).
- Working a 9 day fortnight - Week 1 - Monday-Friday, Week 2 - Monday-Thursday between 07:45-16:30 (16:15 on Fridays)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank allowance
- Pension auto enrol
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.