City Of Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £0.00 per annum
4 months ago
Morson International, a leading global technical recruitment company employing over 1000 people have an exciting opportunity for an experience Financial operations Manager to join our team.
Founded in 1969 Morson International has grown significantly from its humble beginnings and is now listed in the top 3 Engineering Recruitment companies in the world.
An opportunity has arisen in our Finance function for an experienced Financial / Payroll Operations Lead to join our busy team at our Head Offices in Salford. Reporting into the Head of Financial Operations the role is critical in ensuring that all contractor payments and client invoicing is processed in a cost effective, timely and compliant manner whilst also ensuring that customer service levels are maintained across the teams at all times.
- To continually review and understand operational demands to help and support the delivery of the business strategy.
- Encourage a culture of high performance through continuous improvements and commitment to a high level of quality and compliance.
- Be the lead link to all other inter-company departments; finance, business development; core operations; Systems & IT; compliance; etc
- Monitor effectiveness by setting goals and track through key performance dashboards
- Ensure that the transactional teams have robust processes and systems of control and work alongside the management team to identify the root causes of any problems and agree and monitor effective solutions.
- Oversee a large team of multi-capable employees covering Contractor Care, Compliance & Payroll ensuring that all teams perform effectively
- Ensuring that Invoicing across the business is complete and accurate
- To deliver excellent customer service to both our clients and contractors and internal Morson colleagues
- Embrace appropriate decision making, compliance and operational responsibility
- Responsible for ensuring that all parties within the function are up to date and fully understanding at an operational level of any Legislative updates.
The successful candidate will require aptitude within;
- Experience of leading or assisting leadership, in managing and motivating a multi-functional transactional payroll/purchasing/finance team.
- Familiar with the payroll function and how it operates
- Experience of managing senior members of staff as well as large teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and influence change teamed with the ability to mentor and train team members of all capabilities.
- Strong yet considerate management approach would be beneficial - understanding the complexities within each individual team with a focus on people development
- Experience of managing system implementation projects
- Attention to detail and an organised logical approach, essential for this role
- Knowledge and experience of various operating systems an advantage
- Comfortable with an ever changing and fast moving working environment
- A professional payroll or accounting qualification
- High / Intermediate level excel skills are essential
At Morson we believe in providing careers for our employees, not just your average day to day job. No matter where you are in your career our training and investment in you will help you grow professionally. Morson jobs offer people a unique opportunity to grow professionally and learn new skills, within a friendly, family orientated environment. The investment we put in to our employees is what has helped Morson become a globally recognised recruitment agency.
In return the business offer a competitive package and significant career progression opportunities.