Princeton, New Jersey
US$130000.00 - US$150000.00 per annum
11 days ago
Finance Manager- Energy Market $130-150K
Morson International is currently recruiting for a Finance Manager to join a leading private investor who is focusing on building, buying, and optimizing power generation and retail energy businesses in North America. This is a rare and amazing opportunity for a Finance Manager for full time employment in our headquarters in Princeton, NJ.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for analyzing and forecasting sources and uses of capital and liquidity performing financial analysis for decision support of equity investments, capital investments and business development performing financial analysis of the medium and long-term financial performance of the business supporting the treasury management activities. A key objective for the person who takes this position will be to provide quantitative, decision-oriented medium to long-term financial analysis that will support the strategic and business operations of the company.
This role will report to the Director of Finance and will have frequent exposure to executive management through both informal interaction and formal presentations.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
* Undergraduate degree with a concentration in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, or related field an MBA or similar graduate level degree with a specialty in Finance is favorably considered CFA designation may be in lieu of an MBA
* 5-7 years of experience in a FP&A role within a company, with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a manager-level role responsible for financial analysis and planning, treasury management and/or corporate finance. Would also consider professionals with an investment banking and/or management consulting background
* Prior experience in the power / energy industry is required, with understanding of general power plant operations and energy markets
* Prior experience leading and coordinating an annual budget process
* Advanced knowledge of Excel and financial modeling, particularly as it relates to cash flow modeling and forecasting cash sources and uses
* Exceptional analytical and problem solving capabilities to address myriad issues that arise in the course of forecasting liquidity and managing financial operations
* Ability to manage and organize detailed data and present the results of analyses clearly and concisely
* Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to successfully interact with board members, senior management, peers, subordinates and external constituencies. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate complex financial matters in terms understood by diverse audiences via written documents (e.g., Word, PowerPoint). Liaise and coordinate with finance/accounting teams, IT and other areas to optimize forecasting and reporting systems and processes
* Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals encompassing multiple priorities and deliverables
* Ability to successfully operate in a diverse team environment
* Proven abilities to maintain confidential and proprietary information