3 months ago
Financial Controller; based in Farnborough; 6 month contract
A vacancy for a Financial Controller has arisen within a large defence company based in Farnborough. The role will report into the Head of Financial Controlling.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Perform budgetary control role for 9 cost centres. Prepare variance analysis (actual v budget) and prepare annual forecast / budget information.
- Prepare workload information for workforce and analyse historical data. In relation to aircraft build reporting of hours to build each aircraft and the various sub-assemblies.
- Assist with collection and maintenance of costing information for the final assembly and sub-assemblies of aircraft.
- Prepare capital expenditure applications.
- Project Reporting - reporting of actual spend and preparation of (EAC) Estimates At Completion for projects including capital expenditure projects and stock build projects.
- Inventory reporting.
- Ad hoc tasks to support business as required.
The successful candidate will be a Part Qualified Accountant or hold a degree in accountancy or be qualified by experience or equivalent. You will have a good knowledge of Excel. Experience of working within a manufacturing environment would be an advantage. Knowledge of MRP systems and knowledge of SAP is required.
Candidates ideally will have worked in a secure environment, ideally MOD recently.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a Basic Disclosure certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.