8 months ago
Morson International (Accountancy and Finance Division). We are currently assisting our client with their recruitment to the position of Financial Controller, CS&T
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to recruit an executive into our Customer Support & Training (CS&T) Finance Organisation.
The successful candidate will be required to:
* Provide effective business & financial leadership, strategic direction, governance, financial control & business support for CS&T.
* Work with the Business Area to deliver financial commitments.
Key Responsibility Areas
* As a key member of the CS&T leadership team, influence & provide challenge to the CS&T team to deliver improved project performance & working capital management
* Proactively manage or mitigate the potential risks to achievement of CS&T targets & influence to realise the opportunities to deliver the targets set.
* Responsible for the delivery of high quality management accounts and financial reporting into business areas, including forecasts and identifying risks & opportunities.
* Assist in developing business cases & funding requests associated with investment required in support of strategic opportunities, including development of IOS capability and other business development activity in CS&T.
* Responsible for bid activity in support of CS&T (including CS&T input onto major aircraft programmes), working collaboratively alongside other critical functions. Deliver high quality bid output leading to success in Business Winning
* Support interface into customer community and other external parties as required.
* Full accountability for the business plan for CS&T. Provision of the annual budget & growth options to include financial scenario planning, sensitivity analysis and support for resource planning.
* Financial responsibility for spares & repairs bid process including costing & pricing for spares in accordance with LH (UK) Commercial and Financial policies.
* Responsibility for effective business governance & compliance with statutory requirements, International Accounting Standards, Leonardo Directives & LHD Finance Policies. Support for internal & external audits as required.
* Lead financial education of non-finance staff operating within CS&T, to ensure an appropriate level of financial awareness & that good financial decision are taken.
* Responsible for the development of CS&T finance team through coaching & education, ensuring that policies are adhered to & that skills / knowledge are developed.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
* Excellent business acumen and ability to place financial analysis in the context of business needs.
* Strong ability to influence others outside of finance to realise opportunities and deliver targets set.
* Proactively manage or mitigate the potential risks & opportunities to achievement business success in bids and current programmes.
* Objectively challenge & appraise investments to determine their validity & whether appropriate value will be returned.
* Willingness and drive to see through change.
* Motivator both self and others.
* Team player, who can both lead and support as circumstances require, in cross functional (matrix) organisation.
* Ability to understand supporting systems & processes and be able to generate continuous improvement in process under their control.
* Good Excel skills essential.
* Relevant Professional Accountancy qualification.