US$145000.00 - US$155000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Financial Controller (Aerospace Manufacturing)
Morson International currently has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Controller to join leading aerospace manufacturer in greater Philadelphia, this position is a great opportunity for a Financial controller with experience in large scale manufacturing ideally aerospace to become part of the team in an industry leading company. This Financial Controller position will require teamwork a hands on approach and is visible to the company's top leadership offering a fantastic prospect of recognition.
Supports over 800 Employees
Revenues in excess of $165 million
Will report to GM
The Controller is responsible for all financial aspects of the business and must ensure compliance with all Corporate Policies and Procedures, Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
1. Responsible for all financial statements, internal and external audits, budgets, forecasts and strategic business plans, and must coordinate with Division and Corporate finance to achieve the goals and objectives of the business.
2. Oversees daily operations of the Accounting department. Controls and monitors all company assets including inventory and fixed assets through cycle counting or other audit methodologies.
3. Establishes or recommends to management major economic strategies, objectives and policies for the company. Acts to link/align the major business functions to profitability, growth and cash flow.
4. Prepares timely and comprehensive reports including analysis of financial data, statements, and audits covering daily flex, weekly battle plan, and monthly and quarterly business reviews.
5. Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justifications. Monitors approved budgets on a monthly basis, providing guidance and assistance where needed to management.
6. Assists sales/marketing and manufacturing functions in matching financial capability of company assets and resources to the forecast for sales/shipments as well as analyzing margins and recommending actions to improve items not meeting overall objectives of company.
7. Manages financial and SOX audits with internal and external auditors and provide
recommendations for procedural improvements.
8. Acts as business unit Ethics Officer regarding compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
requirements and oversees all internal controls.
9. Assists management with negotiation and review of Long Term Agreements with customers.
10. Serves as advisor to and strategic partner with the General Manager of the business,
assisting in most decisions related to forecasts, key position hiring, new initiatives to exploit
potential profit improvement opportunities, setting of plant policies and procedures, and
other avenues in pursuit of operational excellence.
11. Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and
operating procedures. Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and
staffing to effectively accomplish the departments goals and objectives.
12. Leverage strengths of the current Finance team members, help to clarify roles and
responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and
reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
13. Responsible for the department's staffing and performance management process including
development, coaching, discipline and termination actions.
14. Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels
throughout the organization create and promote a positive and supportive work
15. Performs other related duties as assigned.
BS or BA in Accounting or equivalent.
- 10 plus years of Accounting/Finance experience, with 3-5 years as the financial
leader in a manufacturing environment with full responsibility for the books and
records. Publicly traded company experience highly preferred.
- Strong background in product cost Accounting (standard cost system) and
experience in plant accounting/finance systems including strong understanding in the
use of Excel.
- GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley knowledge is required. Track record of improving internal
controls highly valued.
- Exceptional analytical abilities and understanding of accounting and finance issues in
a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and
projections. Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting,
rolling budgets, and profitability and variance analysis.
- A proactive, hands-on strategic thinker with solid problem solving skills which allows
for strategic data interpretation vs. simple reporting.
- Experience presenting to highest levels of management with confidence and
- Solid, overall business acumen and a strong mindset for continuous improvement.
- Attention to detail and an attitude of 100% compliance with all company and
- Work requires verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate
teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously
manage several projects.
- High energy level ability to work flexible hours.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION
Supervises up to 7 accounting and finance personnel