about 1 year ago
A Financial Controller is required to provide support within a large aerospace company based in Filton to help during a peak time for the department. You must be operationally focused and have experience of operational accounting, working alongside partners and providing advice and support in terms of budgets and understanding the financial data. The jobholder is responsible for programme controlling and reports to Head of Airframe Wing Controlling.
- Establish consolidated financial reporting for the whole Airframe perimeter.
- Guarantee the constant availability of accurate and challenged financial data to allow decision-making at all transnational Airframe levels
- Coordinate the Wing Airframe Controlling teams in all transnational financial and Program related exercises.
- Lead all Wing Program and financial related exercises within the Airframe organization
Duties will involve;
- Applies FC program guidelines
- Builds up drivers for series programs
- Consolidates operational input at program level and analyses variances with target for his programme in close relationship with Operational controller.
- Deal with program controlling and prepares information and analysis for convergences reviews in AOP process and for Convergences review for Risks & Opportunities recognition during the year & for validation, postponement or cancellation of additional activity during the year
- Prepares EVM (Earned value management) status and analysis for monthly review (for programs concerned)
- Prepares financial data on centre perimeter for ad hoc program meeting
- Provides CPN links to activity to operational controller
- Breakdowns the centre target per domain linked with split per program and performs controlling of cost by destination, cost by nature and resources within Wing program to support in target achievement.
- Assists the Head of Airframe Wing Controlling with consolidation of Forecast and OP data and preparation of the Monthly Business Review
- Supports Finance improvement initiatives
The jobholder will ensure that a clear set of reliable financial data is released internally and externally to stakeholders. You will have a good knowledge of A/C development process. Excellent communication skills are required to be able to simplify information. A business partnering mind-set is required to develop trustful relationships, build empathy and add value. You will have the capacity to challenge based on solid analysis and strong back-up from Costing.
- The jobholder works with programs to converge targets
- Provides EVM analysis and Monthly Business Review program analysis
- Delivers financial reports on engineering Wing for his Programme leader and Financial Controlling consolidation
- Provides monthly status on Risks & Opportunities recognized by program for his centre.
The successful applicant will have exceptional technical and analytical skills and be used to working closely with business partners and key senior managers.
This role is based in Filton.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; finance manager; finance controller; FPA; forecasting; audits;