FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING & REPORTING
- Manage the General Accounting function specifically Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivable, Cash, Accounts Payable, Inventory, Accruals and Other Current Assets.
- Ensure compliance with accounting and reporting policies & procedures in line with IFRS principles
- Ensure accurate financial reporting to Corporate headquartered in Paris, France.
- Provide guidance on accounting treatment for complex, operational requirements
- Recommend, develop, and implement changes in financial reporting, accounting procedures and internal controls to enhance operational efficiency.
- Manage process for payments to vendors; ensure accuracy, proper documentation and approval.
- Manage payroll accounting function and maintain effective liaison with the Payroll department (HR).
- Ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of financial systems and reporting tools. Ensure the integrity of Great Plains to support the reliability of financial reporting (chart of accounts, functional areas, cost centre maintenance, approval workflows etc)
- Direct the maintenance of the Chart of Accounts.
- Direct day to day maintenance of the General Ledger and sub-ledgers.
- Direct the production and validation of company financials in accordance with IFRS principles and methodology as well as Canadian GAAP for local statutory accounts as applicable
- Prepare and defend financial statements, supplementary schedules and reports; ensure they are accurate, valid and complete within prescribed submission deadlines.
INVENTORY CONTROL & COSTING
- Oversee the implementation and monitoring of inventory control and costing function
- Provide dedicated Finance support to the Operations team
- Ensure inventory is safeguarded and controls are operating effectively - physical count, reserves, adjustments, security
- Oversee inventory accounting and reporting for accuracy and completeness
- Ensure timely update of monthly variance analysis and timely resolution
- Ensure timely resolution and communication of inventory-related issues to senior management
- Direct the treasury function for the unit
- Ensure effective cash management, accurate projections and timely reporting to stakeholders
- Promote comprehensive hedging processes to mitigate foreign exchange exposure
- Ensure timely and accurate input into the Operational Business Reviews (OBR) and Annual Planning process (SBP2) on operational cash flows
- Ensure effective coordination with Finance Operations to maintain the schedule of Off Balance Sheet commitments (surety bonds, letters of credit, bank guarantees etc)
- Maintain effective relationships with Central Treasury and banking partners
- Support annual Income Tax filings with external tax advisor and Corporate, and ensure timely instalment payments as required
- Ensure timely remittance of indirect and other taxes (payroll, EHT etc) as well as filing requirements
- Coordinate Transfer Pricing documentation
- Maintain tax documentation in respect of procedures, filing requirements, returns and statements
- Co-ordinate payment and reporting of taxes
- Key contact for internal/external audits
- Responsible for the annual update of the Internal Control Questionnaire (ICQ) with timely input from operational teams
- Ensure compliance with internal controls company-wide and provide guidance as required on new or re-engineered processes
- Maintain the Delegation of Authority (DOA) table on workflow approvals for purchase requests and purchase orders
FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS
- Support the financial planning and analysis (FP&A) function
- Ensure timely provision of accurate month-end reporting deliverables to the Reporting team and other stakeholders
- Support development of the Annual Multi-Year Budget (MYB) activities, ensuring they are well coordinated and communicated for effective reporting to Paris. This would include detailed Income Statements, Balance Sheets, Cash Flow statements and various analyses.
- Support the performance of monthly variance analysis on financials relative to plan and accurate, well-supported forecast/projections for next quarter and full year
- Support monthly monitoring of Labour Rates and Cost Absorption Analysis