Up to £265.00 per day
5 days ago
We are looking to recruit a Financial Accounting Manager to work for a defence company based in Andover. The jobholder will support the Financial Controller with providing a service to the Defence Business Facing teams and providing accurate and timely financial data.
The jobholder will liaise with the Business Facing teams, the SAP Shared Service Team and to work within the Defence SSC to complete all financial accounts i.e. statutory accounts, balance sheet management, tax returns, treasury, debt and cash management, standard journals and analysis and provide financial control for the Defence Business Unit (BU).
Reporting to the Financial Controller of the Defence BU SSC, manage all aspects of Business Unit financial accounting and control.
This will include:-
- Providing a financial accounting and financial control service for the Business Facing teams within the Defence BU within agreed SLAs
- Managing the financial accounting, treasury and sales ledger teams
- Deputising for the Financial Controller when required
- Manage the relationship and service received from the SAP SSC in Lakeside
- Manage external and internal audits
- Owner of Finance manual
- Basic system administration for the non SAP contracts e.g. management of the chart of accounts and coding structure, management of period and year end closure.
- Supporting identified continuous improvement projects on behalf of the SSC function.
- Identifying opportunities to improve the service.
- Support to Neptune project
Key outputs/deliverables will be for the Defence BU:
-Reviews and approved balance sheet reconciliations in respect to all Business Unit trading entities
- Reviews statutory accounts and tax returns for all legal entities
- Reviews consolidated short term cash forecasting for all bank accounts
- Ensures all non contract specific journals and transactional analysis is completed in a timely and accurate fashion
- Reviews delivery labels, sales invoices and aged debt reports
- Ensure aged debt is managed and escalated as appropraite
- Review and manages treasury process for non SAP contracts, Limit of Authority and relationship with Group Treasury
- Manages corporate card administration for the non SAP contracts
- Review service received from SAP SSC against agreed SLAs, owner of Delegation of Authority, Work Breakdown Structures
- Reviews and approves the financial manual and ensures it is up to date
- Agree the financial accounting controls relating to the role with the Financial Controller.
Ensure the records of operational control checks are maintained, stored and reviewed by the appropriate stakeholders.
- Provides KPI performance reporting
- Keeps up to date on latest accounting and taxation legislation and provides technical support
- External and internal audit deliverables and timetable
- Ad-hoc financial accounting analysis
- Subject Matter Expert for their area in supporting the Neptune Project
- Manages the timely and technically accurate balance sheet reconciliations for the trading entities
- Manages the timely and technically accurate statutory accounts for the trading entities
- Manages the timely and technically accurate corporate, VAT, CIS, PSA tax returns for the trading entities
- Manages the timely and accurate short term cash forecasts for all the bank accounts within the BU
- Managing the review and sign-off of Delivery Labels with the Financial Controller
- Ensures non contract specific journals i.e. payroll, FCM, BUPA, GRNI are posted and transactional analysis i.e. headcount, T&S, overtime, IT recharges are produced in a timely manner
- Reviews aged debt reporting and the management of chasing debt and escalation to Business Facing FDs
- Manages treasury function, ensuring the LOA and RBS access is maintained and cashbook entries are posted in a timely manner.
- Point of contact for Group Treasury
- Manages the corporate card administration for the trading entities
- Manage the relationship with the SAP SSC ensuring they are delivering the service set out in the SLA and maintaining the DOA
- Manages the BU Finance manual and ensures that it is kept up to date
- Management of internal and external audits, timetables, co-ordination of audit deliverables ensuring they are delivered in a timely fashion
- Maintenance of Business Unit financial systems chart of account (for non SAP contracts) and coding structures (dimensions and WBS) for all contracts in all systems
- Processing of period and year end closure routines.
The jobholder will have a recognised professional qualification or be qualified by experience. You will be up to date with latest accounting and tax legislation and be able to technically support others. You will have the ability to understand and manipulate data to present clear and concise financial messages for review. You will be able to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed.
As a Financial Accounting Manager you will have extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Office 2010 suite of applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and Outlook. You will have experience of Finance IT applications (e.g. SAP, NAV (Navision, IFS etc.)
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note this role has been deemed Inside IR35.
CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; finance manager; finance controller; FPA; forecasting; audits;