£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Morson Group Accounting and Finance Division is working alongside a leading employer based in Swindon (Wiltshire) in their search for a Financial Accountant to work alongside the Commercial Manager.
Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for the provision of accurate and timely financial information for use by senior management in deciding the future direction of the company.
Main Responsibilities & Duties will include, but is not exhaustive (without prejudice):
* Preparation of the annual budget in conjunction with line manager
* Preparation of the statutory accounts and corresponding tax computation
* Preparation of monthly/quarterly reports including detailed variance analysis
* Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT return with analysis
* Responsibility for monthly forecasting in conjunction with departmental managers
* Responsible for Cashflow forecasting ensuring that cash is actively managed
* Liaising with auditors to manage the external audit process, ensuring the smooth running of the year end audit.
* Preparation and timely submission of national statistics
* Identifying and implementing improvements to the financial reporting process.
* Involvement in continuous improvement projects and production of ad-hoc analysis where required.
Skills & Experience:
Knowledge & Experience
Previous experience in a similar role.
Proven experience of managing multiple tasks in pressured environment.
Working knowledge of SAGE.
Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
Excellent English verbal & written communication skills.
Excellent organisation skills.
Ability to work in an accurate manner & have a clear understanding of numerical data.
Good time management.
Good Microsoft Word & Excel skills.
Ability to communicate at all levels with both internal & external customers & maintain effective working relationships.
Attention to detail.
Conscientious self-starter, well organised, methodical & capable of working under pressure to tight deadlines.