Irlam, Greater Manchester
£25000 - £28000 per annum
11 months ago
The Key Focus:
- Providing an effective and flexible support service within the Finance Department, overseeing banking, billing and invoicing and debtor control.
Self and Team Learning and Development:
- To expand knowledge, experience and skills in reaching optimum performance for the business.
- To contribute in keeping the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and to ensure accurate controls and audits are in place.
- To take ownership and expand knowledge, experience and skills to develop personally in line with business growth.
Qualifications & Experience
The Accounts Assistant must have the following skills and experience:
- 1-5 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/ year end close process.
- Knowledge of accounts payable, receivables and maintenance of general ledgers.
- Excellent SAP & Microsoft skills required.
- Payroll processing knowledge - preferable, not essential.
- High levels of accuracy in preparing and entering financial data.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding financial information.
- Good organisational skills with excellent time management.
- Able to work under pressure and to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- Good analytical & numerical skills and attention to detail.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
- An aptitude to develop in the role.
- Team player.
- Strong self-development and commitment values to grow with the needs of the business.
- High Customer service values and good telephone manner.
- Part Qualified/ Qualified ACCA/CIMA.
The performance of the Accounts Assistant will be measured against:
- Annual setting of KPI after qualifying period
- Raise/Match P.O.s in line with procedure.
- Check coding and authorisation of invoices.
- Resolve supplier queries.
- Processing payments - BACs/ ACH/ Priority payments.
- Producing Purchase Ledger statement reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner.
Sales Ledger and Credit Control
- Sales order invoicing.
- Credit control/ Resolve Customer queries
- Process intercompany recharges invoices and maintaining recharge schedules.
- Commercial billing support.
- Posting bank payments and receipts.
- Maintaining bank file and ensuring all paperwork is completed.
- Daily reconciliations of company bank accounts.
- Maintaining petty cash and reconciling at month end.
- Credit card reconciliation.
General Ledger/ Expenses
- Checking and verifying expense claims, journals, payments and update of schedules.
- Cost analysis & journals.
Support to Financial Controller with month/ year end processing:
- SAP management and delivery of Sales, Purchase & Banking month end close process.
- Reconciliation of Aged Debtors & Creditors Reporting.
- Accruals and Pre-payments journals.
- Overheads cost analysis.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations support.
- Intercompany reconciliations.
- Fixed Asset Register update and depreciation journals.
- VAT/ Intrastat/ EC Sales.
- Preparation in support for budgeting & forecasting.
- Preparation in support for Fiscal & HMRC audits.
- Other duties as required by the Financial Controller.