Birmingham, West Midlands
£13.50 - £14.50 per hour
6 months ago
My client, a well known engineering company has recently acquired one of the largest design and consultancy companies in the world and they are now looking to bring on a financial accountant to join their UK team in this exciting time.
The financial accountant, will engage with finance and operational personnel to ensure the timely and accurate reporting of the financial results of the region.
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Posting journals
- Month end prepayment and reconciliation
- Month end accruals posting and reconciling
- Payroll journals
- Monthly revenue reconciliations
- Ensure full compliance with Sarbanes Oxley controls
- Work with internal and external auditors
- Participate as a member of the R2R team and work with the rest of the group to implement strategies and drive improvements
- Promote and participate in an environment that maximises productivity and service effectiveness, professional development, open communication and team work
- Relevant work experience in a finance envirment
- AAT, part qualified or qualified by experience
- Excellent excel skills and accounting system experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to thrive under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations
- Ability to actively engage stakeholders ensuring processes are implemented and executed consistently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Oracle or similar ERP system preferable but not essential
Although this is a 3 - 6 month contract position, the role will transition to permanent for strong performances.