Up to £190.17 per day
5 days ago
Financial Accountant; 6 month contract; based in Portsmouth; up to £190.17 PAYE per day
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified Financial Accountant is required to work for a defence company based in Portsmouth within their Military Aviation Sector. Reporting to the Reporting Finance Manager the role will involve processing and documenting all aspects of indirect and overhead cost allocation, reviewing and cleansing Balance Sheet, and supporting the accurate forecasting and reporting on the financial performance of overhead support functions working with budget owners and key stakeholders to challenge the results and provide financial support. This will include understanding time sheet cost recording, process improvement for accounting and cost allocation, and liaison with the Shared Service Centre, Information Services and other Group functions to manage relationships and information flows.
Duties will involve;
- Month-end financial transactions to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial reporting
- Production and documentation of standardised process for allocating and journaling cost from various sources and invoices to contracts and support functions
- Full balance sheet reconciliation and review (including fixed asset register maintenance) with aged balances cleared (e.g. remuneration related control accounts) and ongoing processes to maintain balances documented
- Support AR activities as required including cash management and petty cash
- To document and manage detailed forecast models for the overhead support functions, updating for budget & forecast processes, including balance sheet assumptions, and ensuring the financial integrity of these models
- Provide detailed variance analysis for monthly actuals movements, including variances against budget, forecast and monthly fluctuations, and understanding time sheet cost recording within the overhead support functions
- Identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of the services provided ensuring engagement with individuals who can validate and progress those opportunities
- Adherence to all reporting timetables for monthly actuals, budget and forecast submissions and ensuring compliance with Group Finance policies and procedures
- Ownership of intercompany matching, ensuring agreement of all internal trading balances
- Supporting the submission of monthly management reporting
- Providing support to the Finance Director and Head of Finance for ad hoc analysis requests
- Financial transactions for accurate and complete reporting including defined cost allocation processes
- Balance sheet control and reconciliation including remuneration/payroll related control accounts
- Supporting forecasting and reporting on the financial performance of overhead support functions
- Adherence to all reporting timetables for monthly actuals for SAP and for BPC reporting and ensuring compliance with Group Finance policies and procedures
- Support of timely and technically accurate reporting, meeting Group signing deadlines and other filing requirements
- Production of ad-hoc reporting.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- A recognised professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, ACMA)
- Strong and up to date technical accounting knowledge, including IFRS and UK GAAP
- Ability to understand and manipulate data to present clear and concise financial messages for review.
- Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of industry and regulatory standards in respect to Financial Reporting.
- Extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Office 2010 suite of applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Access and Outlook.
- Experience of Finance IT applications (e.g. SAP)
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; financial accountant; finance controller; FPA; forecasting; audits;