Birmingham, West Midlands
£18.00 - £22.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
We are looking to recruit a Financial Accountant to work for a large aerospace company based in Kings Norton. The role will involve reporting and accounting as per regulatory and legal requirements including taxation and Group Accounting Policies. As a Financial Accountant you will review costs against budget and forecast to ensure that reasons for variances are understood by the business. You will be responsible for providing accurate and timely financial reports to all levels of management and to complete monthly forecast. You will also deputise for the Financial Controller when required.
- Working with teams across the business for the collection of costing data to distinguish between operational & closure / transfer costs (project green).
- Prepare monthly closure reporting pack & present to senior leadership team (SLT). Pack should include (not exclusively) a detailed actual closure cost analysis versus budget, phasing of redundancy versus budget, inventory burndown & excess & obsolete provision plans.
- Lead fixed asset audit & ensure that assets are disposed of in accordance with company reporting integrity procedures.
- Ensure TM1 headcount model is reviewed weekly with the latest forecasting information. Present latest numbers to SLT on a monthly basis
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Aid systems and reporting improvements
- Ad hoc projects
We are looking for a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with experience of Manufacturing or Distribution Environment. Closure Experience is preferred (not essential)
- Project Management
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced excel (pivot tables, v look ups & sumifs)
- Proven record of stakeholder relations, with ability to work in sensitive situations & challenging work environment.
- Dedication to work in teams. Able to work effectively across all levels of management
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively to meet deadlines; ability to manage uncertainty and adjust to a changing work program
- Excellent communication - report writing & presentations.
- Able to demonstrate personal resilience at all times and a high level of personal integrity.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy
CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACA; AAT; financial accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; finance manager; finance controller; FPA; forecasting; audits;