£190.00 - £250.00 per day
3 months ago
Financial Accountant; Contract 6 months;
Rate: £250.00 LTD or £190.17 PAYE per day
Reporting to the Head of Finance - Reporting, processing and documenting all aspects of indirect and overhead cost allocation, reviewing and cleansing Balance Sheet, and supporting the accurate forecasting and reporting on the financial performance of overhead support functions working with budget owners and key stakeholders to challenge the results and provide financial support.
This will include understanding time sheet cost recording, process improvement for accounting and cost allocation, and liaison with the Shared Service Centre, Information Services and other Group functions to manage relationships and information flows.
Key outputs/deliverables will be:
- Month-end financial transactions to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial reporting
- Production and documentation of standardised process for allocating and journalling cost from various sources and invoices to contracts and support functions
- Full balance sheet reconciliation and review (including fixed asset register maintenance) with aged balances cleared (e.g. remuneration related control accounts) and ongoing processes to maintain balances documented
- Support AR activities as required including cash management and petty cash
- To document and manage detailed forecast models for the overhead support functions, updating for budget & forecast processes, including balance sheet assumptions, and ensuring the financial integrity of these models
- To provide detailed variance analysis for monthly actuals movements, including variances against budget, forecast and monthly fluctuations, and understanding time sheet cost recording within the overhead support functions
- Identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of the services provided ensuring engagement with individuals who can validate and progress those opportunities
- Adherence to all reporting timetables for monthly actuals, budget and forecast submissions and ensuring compliance with Group Finance policies and procedures
- Supporting the submission of monthly management reporting and other Sector and Group reporting requirements
- Support other reporting and regulatory requirements including ONS surveys, prompt payment, pensions, payroll
- Providing support to the Finance Director and Head of Finance for ad hoc analysis requests and responding to Sector and Group
- Financial transactions for accurate and complete reporting including defined cost allocation processes
- Balance sheet control and reconciliation including remuneration/payroll related control accounts
- Supporting forecasting and reporting on the financial performance of overhead support functions
- Adherence to all reporting timetables for monthly actuals for SAP and for BPC reporting and ensuring compliance with Group Finance policies and procedures
- Support of timely and technically accurate reporting, meeting Group signing deadlines and other filing requirements
- Production of ad-hoc reporting.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Recognised professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, ACMA)
- Strong and up to date technical accounting knowledge, including IFRS and UK GAAP
- Ability to understand and manipulate data to present clear and concise financial messages for review.
- Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of industry and regulatory standards in respect to Financial Reporting.
Skills & Competencies
Key Technical Skills / competencies:
- Extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Office 2010 suite of applications including Excel,
- PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Access and Outlook.
- Experience of Finance IT applications (e.g. SAP)
Key Leadership & People Management skills:
- Effective matrix management of the customers of the service and the other functional units within the Finance team and other support functions.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to engage effectively with all stakeholders.
- Self-starter able to define and satisfy the demands of stakeholders and customers of the process through consolidation of information, interpretation of the results and the presentation of the results in a manner that supports and challenges the business.
- Adopts a customer-centric approach to delivery of service.
- Ability to foster an organisational culture that is positive about change and committed to delivery of business objectives.
- A demonstrable team player with an ability to help motivate those working with them.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence and negotiate to ensure key decisions, deadlines and targets are met.
- Ensure adherence to defined processes and work instructions.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify issues faced and to find solutions to those issues pro-actively.
- Excellent time management skills.
Mental/Analytical Skills & Challenges:
- Ability to identify trends from information available from multiple sources and to listen to the feedback from colleagues and stakeholders
- Data analysis skills in support of a continuous improvement operating model.
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy