£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + Benefits
29 days ago
My Client, one of the largest and busiest health organisations in the country are looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to join their finance function.
Responsible to the Deputy Financial Accountant your key responsibilities will be to assist in the production of the published annual accounts for the organisation as well as maintaining the integrity of the financial ledgers, through reconciling and monitoring various control accounts and maintaining the Trusts chart of accounts. You will be expected to take responsibility for all banking activities, including monitoring liquidity making transfers and paying.
- Assist in the production of the published annual accounts and monthly management accounts for the Organisation.
- Specific responsibility for maintaining the integrity of the financial ledgers through the reconciliation of all balance sheet control accounts for the Organisation, (including bank reconciliations) in accordance with monthly timetables. Liaise with management accounts teams as necessary to meet their deadlines for input of journals.
- Investigate all unusual balances and process correcting journals and inform relevant personnel of posting errors.
- Monitor the Organisation's liquidity position daily through the use of the banking systems. Initiate sterling and foreign payments as required and make cash transfers, deciding on amount to be transferred to gain optimum interest on balances.
- General banking administration. Liaise with bank personnel and keep up to date with developments and improve use of the facilities they provide - e.g. on line transactions. Post ad-hoc cash receipts and payments. Process Creditor payments.
- Assist Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger teams with receipt and payment queries.
- Produce the Organisation's monthly VAT returns and liaise with VAT inspectors as required to resolve any VAT investigations.
- Sole responsibility for maintaining the Organisation's chart of accounts, this involves creating new cost and expense codes and ensuring they are correctly linked to the reporting structure.
- Sole responsibility for maintaining the authorised signatory lists for payable and non-payable expenditure. Ensuring this is up to date, reflecting leavers and circulating weekly lists to other sections of Finance such as procurement and payables.
- Maintaining financial accounting records such as reconciliations on the finance network. Retaining hard copy documentation (including bank mandates) in accordance with external legislation and archiving documents according to organisation guidelines.
- Contribute towards the development and review of professional standards and working practices within the Finance Department.
Person Specification required
- The successful candidate will be AAT qualified working towards their accountancy qualification
- Experience of working within financial accounts is crucial and someone who has worked for one of the Big 4 or within an NHS organisation would be desirable
- Experience of working within a large complex organisation and used to this level of accounting
- Expertise in a range of accounting areas in particular reconciliations, VAT, finance ledgers, coding structures and related policies and procedures.
- Experience of banking systems - Oracle is desirable but not essential
- Good working knowledge of International Reporting Standards
- Strong problem solving, analytical and organisational skill set
Working hours are 37.5 hours per week + 27 days Annual Leave Plus Public bank holidays.
In return the organisation offer fantastic career progression opportunities as well as a strong benefits and pension package