Up to £25.28 per hour
7 months ago
An opportunity has arisen for a well-motivated individual to work within the financial accounting team within the Europe & International business in BAE Systems.
Key Responsibilities are:
- General financial accounting tasks - covering Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable transactions
- Production of financial information to support business and functional reviews
- Support to month end process ensuring timely and accurate posting of financial information
- Ad hoc tasks as required
- Support to the weekly cash forecasting processes,
We are looking for a numerate, well organised individual with a keen attention to detail to provide additional support to the Senior Accountant leading the Operational Financial Accounts team.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role.
The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Undertake the financial accounting transactions for the CAS Accounts Payable module including processing of payment runs and updates to payment plans
- Support all Accounts Receivable activities within team including reconciliations and review
- Ensure all transactions are processed in a timely manner respecting period end cut offs and other key dates (ie payment run dates, Eurofighter deadlines etc)
- Manage the provision of financial transaction processing that is accurate, efficient and in accordance with control requirements including ensuring that relevant approvals are obtained for all transactions.
- Excellent - Microsoft Excel.
- Good - Microsoft Powerpoint, Word, Outlook skills.
- Personal Skills - Communication, Team Working, Motivation skills essential
- CIMA or equivalent or part qualified.
5 days p/wk (Mon-Fri) around relevant site core hours (7am - 6pm Mon - Thurs, 7am - 12.30pm Fri).
Hours required to work per week are 37.00 unless otherwise stated (this does not include lunch breaks).
Start and finish times to be agreed with local Line Management, in accordance with local site core hours.
Lunch break (unpaid) is 42 minutes which will automatically be deducted each working day from 12.30pm to 13.12pm by the electronic time management system.
Dependant on workload, local management may request more or less hours are worked within this contract.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Accounts assistant; accounts payable, accounts receivable; purchase ledger; sales ledger; SAP; SAGE; AAT; payroll; VAT returns; reconciliation; credit control
CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; finance manager; finance controller; FPA; forecasting; audits;