21 days ago
A Financial Accountant is required to work for a large defence company based in Newport. The job holder will perform multiple accounting duties to ensure monthly reporting requirements are fulfilled within stipulated guidelines. The successful candidate will hold an ACCA/CIMA/Accounting Qualification or equivalent. Experience of using MS Office packages including Word and Excel is essential. Experience in the Financial Accounting function in a large organisation is desirable. The job holder must have a thorough grounding in book keeping, double entry and Financial Accounting principles. SAP experience would be an advantage.
Duties will involve;
- Assist with FACTS+ group reporting system, ensure P&L and Balance Sheet are accurate and delivered to Group within required deadlines.
- Ensure Balance Sheet reconciliations are performed for general ledger accounts, manage the SAP TB.
- Key month end responsibilities including journal postings, Recoveries, Suspense Account clearing, reporting, Excel management.
- Assist the team to ensure month end deadlines are achieved.
- Assist with audit requirement and Statutory Accounts preparation
- Contribute to process improvement where needed
- Ensure internal control guidelines are met in all general ledger transactions
As a Financial Accountant you will have the ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines whilst maintaining high quality of output. You must be able to maintain relationships during stressful periods. Good team working and communication skills are required.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
CIMA; ACCA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; financial accountant; general ledger; balance sheet reconciliations