Up to £0.00 per annum + Competitive
18 days ago
Morson has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Accountant for a 6 months initial contract for a major Aerospace company based in Bristol, South West UK. There may be occasional travel to Yorkshire.
The Core Accounting Team for the Client are looking for a Bristol based individual to join the Financial Accounting Team.
The Clients UK Bristol based Financial Accounting Team are responsible for the accounting, reporting and control of various UK subsidiaries within the Clients Group. The Financial Accounting team work in conjunction with our outsourced 3rd party provider in India. The Client is building a fabrication centre in Yorkshire which shows continued investment and growth in the UK.
As a result of this there is the requirement for an additional Financial Accountant to support the increased scope of work for the set up and implementation of this establishment and the underlying business as usual activity within the Client. The role will focus implementing the accounting for the Yorkshire centre and related reporting and work on performing various improvement projects as well as supporting the month end close activity and balance sheet reconciliation, control and compliance across the various UK entities. This will include UK statutory accounts.
The successful candidate will work within the Financial Accounting, Policy and Compliance Team but will support and work closely with the other teams within core and out in the programs and will perform a variety of tasks to support efficient, timely and accurate reporting. Tasks will be varied but will include:
- Internal & External Audits support- Deloitte (Stat Audit), SoX & Subsidiary Compliance Reviews
- Month end activities including journal preparation, posting and control and assisting on Group reporting requirements
- Set up and implementation of the fabrication site in Yorkshire with related reporting and accounting- multiple stakeholders across many countries
- Reconciliation review and improvement
- Work with the team to set up, improve and maintain processes
- Other ad hoc accounting activities and projects as required
Working Knowledge needed:
- Qualified or nearly qualified accountant
- Knowledge of complex accounting systems and reporting applications - Oracle
- Strong financial accounting and control experience
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer satisfaction focus
- Flexible and adaptable skills
- High level of business acumen
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good working knowledge of excel and Microsoft office
- Knowledge of UK and US GAPP advantageous
Dynamic, self starter used to operating in a complex and fast moving environment. This is a hands on role so ability to support, deliver results and communicate effectively at all levels and across all business functions is a must. A personable individual with the ability to influence and contribute as a business partner.
Please send cv or ring Sue Orr on 01935 403205 for more details