£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
5 months ago
* To effectively manage the financial accounting team consisting of AP, AR, treasury and costing functions.
* To provide accurate and timely cost & management accounting information.
* To pro-actively promote, facilitate and enhance the financial awareness of all employees, especially Managers.
* Maintain the integrity of financial systems and reports.
* Pro-actively work with other departments to reduce costs, improve productivity and streamline existing systems and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* To provide an effective financial / management accounting service which meets the needs of the business whilst ensuring compliance with Statutory and PCC accounting procedures and demands.
* Preparation and submission of monthly accounts within three working days of the period end.
* Reporting of daily profit and loss and variable cost per earned standard hour reporting.
* Assistance with the preparation and submission of quarterly forecasts and rolling monthly forecasts.
* Explanation of variances from plan and implementation of corrective actions where applicable.
* Design, development & implementation of daily KPI monitors for the finance team together with corrective action plans for measures off target.
* Responsibility for meeting the SOX control requirement for the business through co-ordinating the completion of the quarterly testing and ensuring SOX documentation is complete and accurate.
* Responsible for ensuring all PCC Policies are complied with, without exception.
* The control of the Nominal ledger, purchase ledger, sales ledger, fixed assets and VAT.
* Responsibility for the preparation & submission of accurate and timely VAT returns, IPR returns and other government returns and statistics.
* Assistance with the timely preparation of annual Budgets.
* Preparation of year-end statutory financial accounts including liaison with the Company's Auditors.
* Facilitate and promote financial awareness throughout the Company.
* Review of daily cash monitoring & cash flow forecast reports.
* To assist the manufacturing managers to analyse and justify new capital equipment, changes in working practices etc.
* To continuously strive to improve the Operating Working Capital of the business.
* To manage systems of control of capital expenditure in accordance with Group policies including preparation of regular reports of expenditure.
* Monitor, train, coach and counsel team members
* Comply with regulations regarding employment law.
* To continually strive to improve and simplify procedures and systems.
* To work in a safe manner in order to satisfy Health & Safety Legislation and avoid accident or injury to people, machinery or property.
* Wear safety equipment as specified by the Company rules.
* Such other duties as may reasonably be required within your capability consistent with the Terms & Conditions of your employment.
Qualifications and attributes:
* Qualified ACA/ACCA with a minimum of three years PQE.
* Enthusiastic & co-operative attitude.
* Regular attendance at work.
* Statutory regulations relating to finance, VAT, wages and salaries.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Good communication skills, teamwork and leadership skills.
* Previous costing experience preferable.
* Educated to a high standard preferably a degree in a relevant subject.