Tyne and Wear, England
Up to £45.00 per hour
5 months ago
An opportunity is now available for a Finance Manager Operations to provide financial support and advice to the operations teams, driving the team forward to exceed financial performance targets, whilst ensuring sound financial controls are fully embedded.
The primary role of the Finance Department is supporting the wider functions within the business to deliver the customers' requirements whilst returning the required value to the shareholders.
The Heavy Munitions IDT manufactures product across two sites and makes up over 35% of Land UK's revenue. The target of the IDT is to maximise profitability from existing products and contribute to the overall businesses growth plans through investment and maximising the use of facilities and capabilities. This role focusses strongly on the cost base of the two operational sites.
- Support development of the finance team to drive performance and continuous improvement
- Lead a team of four people, two on each operational site
- Support the operational managers to ensure they have the information required to aid sound financial decisions/debates
- Deputise for the Financial Controller in their absence ensuring performance and communication is maintained
- Monitor the financial performance of the cost base within the IDT ensuring business cost reduction targets are achieved
- Provide liaison with the project accountants to support Monthly Finance Reviews and Monthly Business Reviews
- Support process improvement activity around material management and bookings in the ERP system to support product profitability analysis
- Provide support, challenge and guidance to wider functions within the operations element of the IDT
- Review and challenge key 5-year Integrated Business Plan (IBP) assumptions to meet Board expectations
- Provide financial input to and ensure detailed evaluation of investment proposals
- Provide decision support to efficiency improvements and workload planning
- Support and oversee the inventory control process ensuring accuracy and integrity is maintained
- Support and oversee the fixed asset management process within the IDT undertaking asset verification as necessary at the two operational sites
- Support reviews and challenge risk and opportunities register to support the expected outturn of the cost base for the year
- Ensure sound Financial controls are embedded within the business
- Overview and progressing of the Heavy Munitions finance improvement projects for 2019
- Adhoc projects as necessary.
- Ability to challenge inputs from own team and the wider business
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Strong leadership to drive the finance team and IDT forward
- Strong team working ethic, with key part to play within the Heavy Munitions IDT
- Ability to drive change into the organisation and identify/share best practice
Knowledge, Skills and Experiences
- People Management experience is essential
- Strong communication and influencing skills across functions and various seniority levels is essential
- Skilled in use of investment appraisal techniques
- Strong commercial acumen is essential
- Experience of working to tight timescales and consistently meeting deadlines is essential
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is desirable
- Proven record of implementing and maintaining robust financial controls
Qualified Accountant with experience across Financial and Management Accounting (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Highly motivated individual with the desire to succeed
- A passion for continuous improvement and ability to look at situations differently
- Manage high workloads and be able to prioritise effectively
- Approachable and able to support finance team and wider functions resolve issues very quickly
- Understands how to build rapport and embed strong internal and external customer relationships
- High quality of output with personally pride in the integrity of the information being provided
- A degree of flexibility as there will be travel requirements within the role.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note the rate advertised is on a LTD basis
CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; finance manager; finance controller; FPA; forecasting; audits;