Up to £30.59 per hour
7 months ago
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Scotstoun, Glasgow
Duration: 6 Months
Hours: 37 per week
Pay: £30.59 LTD per hour £24.70 PAYE per hour
We are currently looking for an experience Finance Manager to work on a 6 month contract in their Naval Ships Division in Scotstoun This key role will be responsible for driving and delivering critical Continuous Improvement functional processes and plans. Working with functional heads and their teams to control costs within the functions you will provide support in their production of timely and accurate forecasts and IBP information whilst maintaining a level of challenge to their inputs.
- Support and locally lead the transformation of the Business Support team into a pan Naval Ships delivery approach that maximises utilisation of people, processes and systems.
- Lead the review, challenge and adaption of the Business Support working practises to enable a best of class service to the functions and to delivery accurate and timely reporting information that will support business processes.
Additional Key Accountabilities
- Working with the functional heads, lead the creation of a challenging environment for budget reviews, ensuring that these are carried out using standard templates to provide a robust forecast position.
- Provide accurate supply data which reconciles to the business demand for IBP for their area of control.
- Ensure compliance with the Financial Controls Framework and provide leadership on FCF to other areas of the business.
- Liaise with both Internal and External auditors as required and ensure that all their information requirements are met in a timely manner. Close all audit actions within agreed timescales.
- Ensure regular analysis of cost accounts to support tax pack and rates investigations.
Skills and Experience
-Professionally qualified/ part qualified accountant or qualified by experience.
- Proven experience in the timely delivery of management accounts information and reporting and forecasting in the engineering sector
- Good accounting system experience.
- Strong Excel skills.
Morson International are acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy