Trafford Park, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £48000 per annum + healthcare, bonus
8 months ago
Morson are the UK's leading technical recruitment agency, with over 40 years' experience, a turnover in excess of £800 million and offices across the world, we supply engineers and technical expertise to some of the world's biggest brands.
The Finance Business Partner position is another brand new role within the Morson Finance team and involves bringing the finance operations of two newly acquired businesses with a combined turnover of £90m into the group finance function. As the Finance Business Partner, you will be tasked with developing the systems, processes and senior relationships to effectively report on financial performance; maintaining the integrity of the accounts and support decision making, with a place on the ops board of each company.
Specific responsibilities of the role include;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and other ad hoc financial reports
- Line management of 1 part-qualified accountant
- Calculation of monthly sales commissions
- Participate in monthly Operations Board meetings
- Ensure effective financial controls including monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- VAT returns, RTI reconciliations
- Overall responsibility for the financial integrity of the businesses
- Interaction with external auditors and preparation of statutory accounts
- Support the wider Management Accounts team in all aspects of the departments deliverables
- Work closely with other functions such as Credit Control, Payroll & Compliance to ensure the overall financial integrity of the companies
Experience and Skills
- Qualified accountant, CIMA or equivalent
- Experience of full accounts preparation in a large business, ideally with large transactional volumes
- Strong excel skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of seniority within the business, finance and non-finance
- Commitment to continual improvement
- Tenacity and flexibility and willingness to work as part of a wider team.
We value knowledge, innovation, commitment, organisational skill, time management, excellent communication skills, drive to be the best and a hunger to succeed. In return we provide competitive salaries, 26 days' holiday (plus bank holidays), great benefits and an employee health and wellbeing program. Not to mention a great culture with plenty of career progression and development opportunities.
Morson International is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is committed to equal opportunities.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's 'Disability Confident Scheme'. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.