Manchester, Greater Manchester
£38000 - £40000 per annum + healthcare, pension
2 months ago
Morson Group is the UK's leading technical recruitment agency and talent solutions business and 2019 will see it's 50th year of trading. Currently turning over in excess of £850 with ambitions to reach the £1bn mark in the coming years, it is a company built on strong and longstanding client relationships. and we supply top talent to some of the world's biggest brands.
This is perhaps the most commercial of all of the group finance roles and is based around 2 of the largest branches in the International portfolio. It involves partnering closely with both the client and the Morson commercial managers to ensure the complex accounting and billing structures function correctly and that the learnings drawn from the financial reporting contribute to correct decision making and efficient commercial returns.
- Responsible for preparing management accounts, including accounting for long term contracts and packages of work
- Highly commercial role working with Finance Operations Manager, Contracts Managers and dealing directly with a major client
- Work with various stakeholder to ensure controls are implemented to ensure accurate input & robust and reliable output
- Implement new processes to meet client reporting requirements
- Devise reports to meet internal and external stakeholder needs
- People management - 1 person (AAT)
- Qualified Accountant
- Excellent Excel skills to include pivots, look-ups and SUMIFs - macros would be beneficial
- Able to work flexibly and respond quickly to client requests
- Good attention to detail
- Minimal travel - 1-2 days per month
You will join us here at our offices in Trafford Park and join a Financial Reporting team of 10 including 4 ACA/CIMA qualified members.
We value knowledge, innovation, commitment, organisational skill, time management, excellent communication skills (verbal, face to face & telephone and written), computer literacy, drive to be the best and a hunger to succeed. In return we provide competitive salaries, 26 days' holiday (plus bank holidays), great benefits and an employee health and wellbeing program, not to mention a great culture.
Morson International is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is committed to equal opportunities.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's 'Disability Confident Scheme'. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.