York, North Yorkshire
Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
15 days ago
Morson International is recruiting for a Finance Business Partner to come in and join the team based in York. You will be working as part of the Operations and Income team; this is a traditional Business partnering position. You will be doing period ends, forecasting, budgeting and payroll analysis.
What you will do:
- Support the preparation of business plans and budgets, providing specialist advice.
- Produce and present period actuals and forecasts for budget holders, including preparing period accruals, transfers and adjustments. Issue reports and support budget holders in understanding the impact of the period results and forecasts against budgets.
- Produce the period end business review pack and highlight any significant issues with financial and other business results.
- Monitor and promulgate corporate governance throughout the function and review compliance with financial regulations.
- Contribute to understand customer requirements to provide a customer focused perception as well as engagement to resolve queries in a timely manner.
- Model and analyse the cost base and identify and monitor opportunities and efficiencies.
- Participate in budget holder key meetings to provide sound financial advice and support.
- Provide day to day support to business teams assisting as necessary to provide financial analysis.
- Support the procurement and commercial services as required as well as assisting in contract tenders as required.
- Support the integrity of the finance information within all reports and management information created, highlighting risks as appropriate.
Your experience will include:
- Student/part membership (or equivalent) of the relevant professional body having progressed beyond the first stage of qualification, or possession of sufficient experience to fulfil the requirements of the role without membership of the relevant professional body.
- 3 years' experience within finance disciplines of Network Rail and/or external organisations
- Experience of Oracle based systems