Manchester, Greater Manchester
£55000 - £60000 per annum
about 1 year ago
The role of the Finance Business Partner will support the Group Services Finance Director in providing first-class financial partnering across the group. As a senior finance representative for the divisional Directors, the role will be responsible for all aspects of business planning, business performance management (financial and non-financial) and decision-making support.
The focus is on partnering key business decision makers bringing critical financial expertise to help drive, influence and shape financial performance, advise on future direction and support investment choices.
Responsible for providing a comprehensive financial support service to the Group Services Directors and broader management team
Duties and Responsibilities
* Work proactively with key business partners and stakeholders to develop successful partnering relationships
* Provide the management team with meaningful performance metrics (financial and non-financial), forecasts and analyses of risks and opportunities to guide management effort
* Own the production of robust operational cost and capex budgets, forecasts and management accounts
* Report the profit and loss budgets, forecasts and management accounts for relevant departments
* Interface with the central accounting function to ensure that management accounting and analytical information produced centrally is relevant and can be used to shape decision-making
* Provide financial and general commercial input into business cases
* Embed robust cost control and support the development of cost management strategies
* Work with the Group Services Finance Director on business cases and strategy development as required
Skills and Experience required
* First-class written and verbal communication and presentational skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills: the ability to explain financial concepts and decision-making techniques to non-finance professionals is essential
* The post-holder must have a track record of successfully leading improvements to existing financial processes, procedures and outputs
* Excellent analytical skills: the post-holder must be insight-focused and able to interpret meaning from disparate sources and formats of data.
* Effective influencing skills
* First-rate IT skills. The post-holder must be an Advanced Excel user and financial modeller with extensive experience of using SAP
* The post-holder must be able to plan workloads effectively to ensure that multiple projects and responsibilities are delivered on time and to an appropriate standard