Manchester, Greater Manchester
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
21 days ago
* Set up and drive application of modelling best practice across the Group, with implementation of Model Reviews / "internal audits" of business cases excel models, and work with divisional teams to improve.
* Become the 'business champion' for financial modelling and excel processes, being accountable for improving practices and developing new policies to improve standardisation and control of business procedures.
* Influence Business Units to develop new methods and approaches to financial modelling, providing more robust output and increased process efficiency.
* Utilise specialist experience and judgement to determine solutions for required improvements around the Group, and influence key stakeholders to change practices to increase efficiency and efficacy.
* Manual creation of models to suit business requirements and provide solutions to constantly changing business needs, such as developing a weekly rolling cashflow, WC forecast models and weekly cash dashboards and improvement of existing business case models.
* Work proactively with key business partners and stakeholders to develop successful partnering relationships
* Own, run and constantly improve the MAG group business planning financial model (including financing) to include scenario analysis and stress testing of business cases
* Work with the Head of Business Planning & Projects to produce the annual 5 year business plan
* Help in the production of output material (Board reports, management information, ad-hoc requirements, etc) and ensure consistency with model data
* Utilise best practice in the integration of SAP forecasting functionality within the model and help streamline forecasting process across the Group
* Work with the Head of Business Planning & Projects on business cases and strategy development as required
* Assist the business with ad-hoc improvements to existing processes as issues arise
Facts and Figures
* Group turnover >£800m with EBITDA >£350m across multiple Business Units
* c60m passengers per annum and increasing above market rate
* Investment of c£1.5bn across Manchester and Stansted Airport Transformation projects
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
* Advanced Excel skills (including VBA expertise, with ability to write and correct existing macros to facilitate modelling best practice)
* Knowledge of other MS Office programmes (especially PowerPoint)
* Strong track record of financial modelling, both business planning and transactional models, with ability to successfully lead improvements to existing financial processes, procedures and outputs
* Good understanding of financial valuation techniques, e.g. NPV, DCF and IRR
* Experience of utilising and effectively interfacing ERP systems into planning models, preferably SAP, in order to streamline business processes and obtain required information in the most efficient way
* Strong commercial acumen understanding of key business drivers, risks, competitive pressures Dynamic personality and excellent relationship builder at all levels across the business
* Demonstrate ability to critical evaluate and improve modelling processes
* First-class written and verbal communication and presentational skills
* Excellent analytical skills: the post-holder must be insight-focused and able to interpret meaning from disparate sources and formats of data
* The post-holder must be able to plan workloads effectively to ensure that multiple projects and responsibilities are delivered on time and to an appropriate standard
* 2-3 year post qualified experience of working in business modelling team in big 4 or equivalent together with general business analysis and partnering or management consulting skills
* A numerate degree (2.1 or higher) or equivalent (for example in Finance/Maths/Engineering) with preferably a higher degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline