Crawley, West Sussex
Up to £13.00 per hour
16 days ago
Job Title: Cashier/Finance Assistant
Hours: Full time
Contract: 6 months
Pay rate: £13.00/hr PAYE
Primary purpose of the job
- Responsible for all elements of cashier processing across multi-organisation Operating Units ensuring adherence to company policy.
- To take responsibility for unrecognised / uncleared items on B1 cashbook.
- Assist Cashiers team leader with process developments on new systems (e.g.B1, Sepa swift).
- Process & Reconcile cash book transactions (GBP & Currency) within strict daily deadlines
- Processing multi-currency payments via Bacs & Chaps
- Monthly clearance of cash related balance sheet reconciliation's
- Instigate / resolve cash book queries
- Maintain and control local site imprest accounts
- Balance Sheet reconciliation's of bank account to GL balances
- Analysis & reporting of Actual Cash data. Work with the client to agree output of the report/data.
- Assist with the transition of the operating companies onto a single bank account for the UK
- Calculation & accrual of bank/loan interest
- Attend client meetings and reviews.
- Assist in standardising processes
- Reconcile and Manage FSS prepayments register.
- Assist team leader with cash reports including cash forecasting, KPI analysis, and publication of results
- Establish and rollout a process to ensure that there are controls around all Direct Debits / Standing Orders ensuring they are set up / cancelled to time and master documentation files are maintained.
- Act as Bank liaison for the cashiers team
- Adhoc tasks as requested
Skills and Experience
- Experience of cashbook, banking, reconciliation's within a large organisation
- Experience of Bacs & Chaps payment systems
- Experience of Oracle & all Microsoft Office Software
- Good communication skills & client interface
- Excellent customer focus & team player
- Ability to learn new skills
Morson International are acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy
Accounts assistant; accounts payable, accounts receivable; purchase ledger; sales ledger; SAP; SAGE; AAT; payroll; VAT returns; reconciliation; credit control; cash book; cashier