Up to £12.50 per hour
10 days ago
A new opportunity is now available for a Finance Assistant - Accounts Receivable to join a large Aerospace and Defence company; BAE Systems
As a process advisor you will report to the team Supervisor and are responsible for the delivery of service activities on behalf of our customers. Primary activities can include review, quality control and input of customer and vendor master data into ERP systems, accurate and timely entry of cash receipts and debtor dispute management and hosting debtor meetings with senior stakeholders. You will be responsible for effective execution of the financial processes and ensuring these are accurately documented. This role has a direct impact on the wider AR team and the working capital management of our customers. BOS customers will interact with this role on a day to day basis so delivering a high-quality service and ensuring customer satisfaction is of prime importance. Whilst the role is focused specifically on service activities carried out in site, you may be required to assist the Accounts Receivable Manager with various other projects that may involve short stints of travel.
- Cash allocation support for colleagues where required and ownership of accurate and timely clearance of unapplied cash.
- Management of team shared mailboxes and relevant housekeeping to ensure all emails are responded to in a timely manner
- Debtor chasing and arranging meetings to discuss debt escalations where necessary.
- Debtor reporting including aging profiles, payment promises and dispute analysis.
- Debtor review meeting organisation, preparation of key areas of discussion and escalation.
- Working closely with internal colleagues to ensure data is shared and reflected in the credit management system in a timely manner. E.g. AP Rejection log reviews
- Cash Forecasting
- Liaise with customers (internal & external) taking personal responsibility for the correction, resolution and close-down of issues.
- Responsibility for the data integrity of customer set ups and maintenance in line with our agreed service provision.
- Completing credit limit checks and reviews to ensure credit is managed in line with agreed processes.
- Perform quarterly reviews for both customers and suppliers
- Actively supporting joint goals reviews, ideas generation and driving these to completion, including demonstrating the benefits attained.
- Assisting the other Accounts Receivable teams as required
- Provision of services within the defined Service Level Agreement. Escalation of any non-compliances or risks to the Supervisor.
- Active ideas generation for improvements and take part in joint goal workshops
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders, ensuring you are known as a key point of contact for your service area.
- Taking an active role in daily stand-ups and monthly team meetings.
- Compliance with Financial Controls. Escalation of any non-compliances or risks to the Supervisor.
- Participation in the AR monthly Self-Testing activities.
- Provision of support & evidence, as required, for internal & external audits.
- Production of process documentation and understanding the importance of evidencing the control processes governing these.
- Compliance with the Document Creation, Retention & Destruction Policy.
- Compilation of work instructions.
Projects & Business Change:
- Identify improvement opportunities in our processes and implement these where appropriate.
- Taking direction from the initiative lead, fulfil the duties of a project team member when assigned to change initiatives. These may range from small improvement projects to service transitions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally have experience of ERP systems within a finance environment. Experience of SAP or Oracle would be highly advantageous.
- Operate within clearly defined procedures and tasks with supervision.
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft excel including how to complete basic formulas such as sums, ifs, vlookups etc.
- Have the ability to present large data sets to others in a concise, easy to understand format.
- Understand Output VAT and other Sales taxes and when these should/shouldn't be applied.
- Understand sales trading, IFRS15, revenue recognition and how this impacts the sales ledger.
- Understand what documentation is required to process different types of sales e.g. Goods despatch notes, export paperwork etc.
- Have an awareness of governance requirements including the BAE Systems Operational Framework and a clear understanding of how the processes they operate are controlled
- Good communication skills
- Make straightforward judgements by selecting appropriate solutions from defined guidelines.
- Understand when to escalate matters for senior input
- Fully understand the procedures which they are operating and be confident in providing solutions from these procedures
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Accounts assistant; accounts payable, accounts receivable; purchase ledger; sales ledger; SAP; SAGE; AAT; payroll; VAT returns; reconciliation; credit control; CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; finance manager; finance controller; FPA; forecasting; audits;