£20000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
25 days ago
Leading Maritime software Provider currently looking to engage with an experienced Finance Assistant to join their Trafford based offices.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and experienced finance professional to join a fast paced and growing organisation offering scope for progression.
Revenue Reporting & Accounting
- Ensuring invoicing is accurate and processed in time as per defined SLA's
- Working knowledge of Revenue recognition principles
- Assisting revenue manager for managing AR across few legal entities in multiple currencies ensuring full maintenance of customer accounts.
- Reviewing VAT is recorded correctly on invoices.
- Actively manage cash collections of outstanding receivables and proving regular updates to the Revenue Manager.
- Processing bank receipts in accounting software as and when received.
- Updating cash flows for collections received / forecasted and invoicing.
Corporate & Group Interactions
- Operate within approval matrix and ensure compliance with legal rules
- Uphold and enforce an environment of ethical practices
- Apply business rules and procedures and ensure these are integral to the finance function
Skills & Knowledge
- Previous experience of working in an Accounts Receivable role is essential
- Experience of working across geographies and multi-currency accounts would be an advantage
- Ideally working towards a finance qualification
- Experience of working on Great Plains or ERP environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work under pressure to tight time-scales
- Broad knowledge of software and information technology markets an advantage
- Flexible approach to working to take into account supporting different time zones
- Professional level of customer service both internally and externally
- Weekly collection & cash, WIP & AR ageing reporting
- Monthly Attrition reporting
- Monthly Deferred Revenue Schedules
- Monthly Reconciliations (Blackline) for AR & Deferred Revenue
- Assisting in annual Reporting in terms of Disclosure notes on revenue, WIP, bad debts provisions, attrition, customer concentration and invoicing in advance.
- Understanding of local VAT / Tax regulations