Up to £10.17 per hour
about 1 month ago
A Finance Assistant is required to work for a defence company based in Risley on a temporary contract until 20/06/2021. The role will involve providing a financial service to a project, cost centre or department. You will support project/financial accountants in delivery of accurate, timely accounting records and reporting outputs. You will provide analysis and financial support to business units and cost centre owners.
Duties will involve;
- Support the month end reporting process as regards journal postings, report running and BPC (Group accounts package) loading to tight timescales
- General Ledger expense analysis for tax pack purposes
- Consolidation and checking of balance sheet reconciliations in order to prepare them for management review
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations including purchase card
- Support on expenses analysis for PSA purposes
- Support completion of Government Statistical Returns
- Collate and process financial information to ensure management receives appropriate information in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Maintain various sub ledgers and financial records for a specific business area or for a specific accounting function (e.g. general ledger)
- Undertakes regular and routine financial transactions on ledgers, statements and accounts.
- Communicates and deals with customers and suppliers to resolve issues and problems
- Trouble shoots problems and issues, uses knowledge and judgement to identify and follow appropriate courses of action (including escalation where required) to resolve.
- Prepare and carry out investigation in to budget variances
- Contribute to the completion of monthly accounts feeds (including project outputs) on a timely basis
- Preparation of legal, statutory or regulatory returns for a senior management approval
- Produce analysis and reports for internal management and group reporting requirements for senior management approval and submission
- Identify and highlight to senior management proposals for process improvement
The successful candidate will have excellent numeracy, investigation and financial problem-solving skills. You will have experience of working within an accounts function or project finance team
- Studying for a professional qualification
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Accounts assistant; accounts payable, accounts receivable; purchase ledger; sales ledger; SAP; SAGE; AAT; payroll; VAT returns; reconciliation; credit control