Up to £18.00 per hour
2 months ago
Finance Assistant; Abingdon; Contract 6-9 months; Up to £18/hr PAYE
Working for our client based in Abingdon, you will act as a support finance person to the
Finance Business Partner and operational teams.
You will be an integral member of the finance team with responsibility for day to day bookkeeping, financial management reporting support, and to help the team achieve its goals as a research and development facility.
The office-based support role will be crucial in maintaining the integrity of financial reports as expected of the company facility.
Responsibilities and duties will include;
- Bookkeeping and recording of accounting entries in ERP system.
- Responsible for the purchase and sale ledgers on a daily basis.
- Purchase and sale ledger control reconciliation on a weekly basis.
- Reconcile the ledgers of bank, cash, suppliers and customers on regular basis.
- Cost centre allocations and expense bookings.
- Preparation of BACS files for review.
- Preparation of month end journals, e.g. accruals, prepayments, depreciation etc.
- Monthly VAT returns preparation for FBP review.
- Responsible for Intrastat and EC Sales returns submissions.
- Understanding of all P&L and B/S accounts.
- Support FBP and other team members in research and development claims/audits.
- Provide support in financial reporting systems to meet statutory and corporate requirements.
- Provide support for month end processes and results reporting.
- Support continuous improvement process around cost centre ownership and control.
- Act as a backup in maintaining good working relationships within wider group.
- Support and promote a safe working environment in accordance with company policies/procedures and local/regional legislation
- Experienced project finance within R&D sector
- Part qualified management accountant or equivalent
- AAT Qualified with minimum experience of 2 years
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organisation
- ERP/BPCS/Hyperion/OneStream/Oracle experience would be advantageous
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy