East Cowes, Isle of Wight
£9.00 - £11.00 per hour + dependant upon experience
10 months ago
We have a requirement for a Finance Administrator to work within an engineering business management team for a manufacturing company. This is due to support in an existing role due to an internal promotion and will be based at the Osborne site, East Cowes. The role will focus on preparing financial information, reports and data, and undertaking reporting and finance activities as part of the month-end financial process.
The ideal candidate will have strong administration skills, ideally with some experience of working within an accounts/small office management type role so understands the basic principles of invoicing and monthly accounting processes.
The candidate will work with a number of databases and systems, so some experience of this would be highly advantageous. You will need to be a confident Excel user with good knowledge of Excel functions/formulas/pivot tables etc.
Duties will involve;
- Completion of data entry into multiple Company databases and systems to create new records and maintain existing data.
- Assisting with the collation and production of relevant statistics, reports and information
- Preparation of spreadsheets
- Run regular reports from database to produce weekly/monthly report
- Preparation of spreadsheets containing financial data as part of month-end activities.
- Creation, population and review of excel documents containing Monthly Financial Statements including budget planners for salary costs
- Preparation of data for payment runs in relevant Ledger formats
- Posting of internal invoices and notifying of reversal of invoices within current journals when required
- Preparation of reports for recharge of costs between internal financial reporting units
- Management of Sales Ledger invoicing activities.
- Reviewing SAP data and preparation of and enactment of invoicing
- Variance analysis and reporting.
You will have excellent communication skills, written and verbal, at all organisational levels with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy within work. You will have the ability to work effectively as part of a team or under own initiative and be able to organise, plan and prioritise own workload. You will have the ability to learn and use new systems quickly as well as maintain confidentiality and sensitivity in all circumstances. You will be flexible and proactive with a willingness to take on a variety of tasks and develop own skills and knowledge. You will also demonstrate a strong customer service ethic.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy
Accounts assistant; accounts payable, accounts receivable; purchase ledger; sales ledger; SAP; SAGE; AAT; payroll; VAT returns; reconciliation; credit control; administration; data entry