5 months ago
Morson has an exciting contract opportunity for a Services Support Manager to work for a Major Aerospace Company in Yeovil, Somerset.
As part of the Field Service management team you will strive to provide excellent services to customers worldwide. You will support off-site operation at both a task and departmental level to ensure the quality of service and the working environment remains safe for the deployed workforce.
As part of the FSD management team, your prime responsibilities will be as follows;
- Quality Control for departmental services.
- HSE Control for deployed operations and locations
- Asset Management and associated control processes
- Training coordinator
Occasionally you will be expected to travel to operational destinations world in support of the FSD deployed operation for purposes of;
- Support to Internal or external auditing requirements.
- Assist with Facility Surveys ahead of operation.
- You are responsible for ensuring that services provided (CWP, Aircraft Operations and FSR advice) are maintained within the Company Operating System (COS) and regulatory guidelines.
- You will produce and maintain a departmental self-audit programme that regularly samples FSD deployed operations and compliance to company and departmental procedures.
- You will manage and direct the departmental inspection approval holding based on the forecasted business demand and interact with individuals and the QA department accordingly to achieve requirements.
- You will act as the point of contact for any external auditing requirements and be responsible for the timely resolution for any non-conformance reports raised.
- You will be expected to collaborate with colleagues in the wider business that perform a Quality function to ensure best practises are realised, and where applicable, embraced within departmental process and procedure.
- You will review proposed changes to the COS and make any corresponding amendments where necessary to the departmental functional manual (Hardcopy and ensuring update to the FSD portal) where applicable ensuring any resultant changes are communicated to FSD staff
As above, but read HSE for Quality.
- You are responsible for maintaining a register of FSD assets and be able to identify asset whereabouts at any point in time. This will be in collaboration with the Central Tooling department.
- You are responsible for ensuring that all tooling is maintained in good health in collaboration with Yeovil Site calibration and servicing departments and the FSD lead FSRs at designated off-site locations.
- You are responsible for ensuring that a departmental control process is implemented and regularly reviewed to ensure compliance with COS requirements and in support of the evolving off-site business.
- You are responsible for providing an annual forecast of expenditure to capture the cost of maintaining existing assets or for the purchase of new assets that are not otherwise captured by contract. This to inform the wider annual capital expenditure budget requirement.
- You are responsible for implementing and maintain the departmental training plan in collaboration with the departmental manager, ensuring the training needs in terms of People Development, Aircraft Company licencing and HSE are duly considered.
- You are responsible for ensuring that FSD personnel training records (including that of agency staff) are maintained in accordance with company process and regulatory requirements.
- You shall engage with other training coordinator colleagues in the business to ensure best practises are realised, and where applicable, embraced within departmental procedure..
- You shall engage with HR, the Training Academy, the HSE department and the Quality department to ensure the annual training requirement is appropriately resourced and discharged.
- You are responsible for the delivery of departmental inductions for FSD employees (permanent or non-permanent staff) to capture H&S and Quality aspects.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- An aeronautical apprenticeship or equivalent military training.
- HNC/BTEC Higher or equivalent aviation related qualification.
- A minimum of five years' experience in an aviation discipline
- Experience in an audit function reviewing /improving Quality or H&S process.
- A proven understanding of the Company Operating System and Aviation maintenance regulations
- Proven communication skills in a previous management or supervisory role.
- A recognised qualification in either a QA or H&S discipline would be advantageous
- Experience working internationally across different cultures would be advantageous
Please send cv or ring Sue Orr on 01935 403205